The Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler
The obvious features of the NH-C14 are the two NF-P14 fans surrounding a bigger fin array than the NH-C12 has. Just like the NH-D14, this cooler uses six, 6mm heat pipes to transfer heat from the base to those fins. Looking closer at the base, we see it has a pre-cooler where these are typically flat, and in this there is a strange piece of "L" shaped steel running through the base, but more on that in a bit.
Looking at the NH-C14 from the side you can get a better feel for the enormity of this cooler. The fans are held on the side of the fins with the use of special pins for the fan and wire clips. Those are 140mm fans, and adding some fins plus the bend of the heat pipes, this cooler definitely needs a larger mid-tower or a full tower chassis to call its home.
Looking at what I will call the back of the NH-C14, the heat pipes make gentle bends out of the base and spread into a radial pattern that spreads the heat pipes across the width of the fins for better heat transfer. In the middle you will see more of that steel that was mounted to the base. It is put there to act as a support for the cooler. With both fans in place, the NH-C14 weighs 1000 grams and can definitely benefit from any aide this support can offer.
Both sides of the cooler look identical; the only change here is that somehow the fan clip made its way loose. That will be connected properly for testing.
Since there are two fans, I took the top one off but left the one on underneath so you can see how much of the cooler is covered with the 140mm fans. There are sixty-eight huge fins here to take the initial heat load, and with the dual 140mm fans, this cooler is ready to take on a lot of heat. The cut-aways in the fins are to allow you access to the mounting screws attached to the base.
I would suggest removing the fans before you mount this cooler. I noticed that with the bottom fan in place, it blocked the hole you can clearly see through without it. If you don't have room to take them off and get them back in, be sure to be careful not to damage the frame and the blades with the provided, extra long, screwdriver.
The base of the cooler is very level, but the semi-circular milling marks are left in plain view, you wont find a lapped base here. With other Noctua coolers the hardware can go in any position, with the NH-C14, universal positioning is only optional to Intel. AMD users are left with one of two positions based on the orientation of the AMD socket. Noctua does recommend that this cooler not be installed with the heat pipes on the top though; I guess gravity does have an effect on heat pipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit