Not all that long ago ASUS was looking for a name to put on their top-of-the-line products. They sent out an e-mail to journalists, enthusiasts and customers (some of which fell into all three groups) asking what we thought this name should be. The overwhelming choice was Republic of Gamers. To be honest with you, it was the only real choice (the other one was bad enough that I do not even remember it). From that day forward, if a product had the ROG logo on it you knew you were getting a top notch piece of hardware.
But as with most things, you have to have balance. As such, at least in the motherboard world, ASUS decided to break up the ROG line into three levels. The Extreme holds the very top end, while the Formula hangs out in the middle and the Gene is the lower end. The Formula differs very little from its Extreme cousin; you get a slightly smaller heatsink and cooling system. You drop off some of the beefier VRM and power supplied to the board, and you also lose the Bluetooth module.
Of course, you are still left with a pretty versatile and powerful board and for a reduced price of only $299.99 from NewEgg.com. Now we will dive into the middle of the ROG pool and see if the water really is fine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit