We're not far at all from the launch of the new AMD cards, but there's one thing we know; the two models launching this week won't carry a price tag as low as the GTS 450, so it continues to be a very real model for NVIDIA. Instead, the new models will be launching to compete around the GTX 460 it seems. We'll know more about it soon enough, though.
Instead of just looking at the Gainward GTS 450 by itself, we'll be comparing it with its almost identical twin brother, the Palit GTS 450 Sonic Platinum, and see what happens when we pair two 930MHz clocked GTS 450s together.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we'll first look at the package that Palit are giving us and also take the time to have a closer look at the card itself.
Having a look at the Gainward package, there's not a whole lot going on. We've got a driver CD, a discount voucher for some software, a manual and a dual Molex to 6-Pin PCI-E connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]