As we mentioned, the kit is a PC3-17600 one, or 2200MHz DDR. This isn't the first time we've seen Kingmax release a 2200MHz DDR kit with the original Hercules kit that carried with it a more traditional heatsink running the same speeds. It also carried with it the same timings which were a very relaxed 10-10-10-30-2T.
You can see the validation here.
Getting to the default clock speeds on the kit was an absolute breeze, and while Kingmax say the kit supports up to 1.8v, we managed to achieve these speeds at only 1.65v which is what we see from most companies.
You can see the validation here.
Overclocking was easy. Although we didn't see much extra performance, at the same timings we ended up with 2250MHz DDR at 1.65v. We tried 1.8v like Kingmax support, but it didn't warrant any extra performance. We did manage to get into Windows as high as 2292MHz DDR, but the system was very unstable.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Packaging and Modules]
- Page 2 [Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and PCMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR) & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek suing Star Citizen developer for breach of contract
- Battlegrounds on the Xbox One/One X runs like a pile of crap
- Samsung to push Android 8.0 Oreo to Galaxy S8/S8+ in January
- NVIDIA TITAN V: 82MH/s when overclocked, RX Vega 64: 37MH/s
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp earns $17 million to date
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series