As we mentioned, the kit is a PC3-17600 one, or 2200MHz DDR. This isn't the first time we've seen Kingmax release a 2200MHz DDR kit with the original Hercules kit that carried with it a more traditional heatsink running the same speeds. It also carried with it the same timings which were a very relaxed 10-10-10-30-2T.
You can see the validation here.
Getting to the default clock speeds on the kit was an absolute breeze, and while Kingmax say the kit supports up to 1.8v, we managed to achieve these speeds at only 1.65v which is what we see from most companies.
You can see the validation here.
Overclocking was easy. Although we didn't see much extra performance, at the same timings we ended up with 2250MHz DDR at 1.65v. We tried 1.8v like Kingmax support, but it didn't warrant any extra performance. We did manage to get into Windows as high as 2292MHz DDR, but the system was very unstable.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Packaging and Modules]
- Page 2 [Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and PCMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR) & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- An Archer video game should look like this new XIII remaster
- Nintendo Switch may come to $37 billion Chinese market
- Obsidian's Alien RPG would've been a macabre Mass Effect
- Konami's new Castlevania collection has lots of variety
- Ex Nintendo CEO Reggie Fils-Aime blessed with retiring gifts
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Freeze Your Opponents On The Hardwood
- You Have Been Summoned to the Summoners War: Tour of Americas
- Egg-splosive Fun Cracks Open In Entropia Universe's Easter Mayhem 2019
- All content of Fishing Planet in a Premium Edition for consoles!
- Voiceover Legends And Console-Inspired Graphics Meet For Epic Battle In Overhit