The SilverStone SST-SG07B Small Form Factor Chassis
The SG07 is faced with a black plastic bezel that surrounds an aluminum plate to give it a bit of flash and visual interest. On the left side, near the bottom, you find the power button and LED indicator for HDD activity. The center aluminum plate has room for a slim optical drive, and below, a large SilverStone logo. On the right you find the front I/O consisting of two USB 2.0, headphone, and MIC connectivity.
The cover for the SG07 is made of steel and is painted on both sides in black. This side of the cover is where the GPU will eventually draw air through. With the use of the 180mm fan, what area isn't being used as intake will likely become ventilation for exhausted air flow. That brings me to the top section of the cover. The ventilated section here allows for the 180mm, Air Penetrator fan to get a good source of cool air.
Around the back of the chassis you can find room at the bottom for the rear I/O shield and two ventilated expansion slot covers. The covers are held in with a plate that gets held in place with two screws. Above the slots you will find where to plug the PSU in, and a reset switch, off to the left just a bit. The far left side houses a Low or High switch to control the Air Penetrator.
The right side of the SG07 has two areas ventilated to allow for air to easily flow out here. With the card on the other side blocking most of that ventilation to cool the card, this will allow for plenty of circulation to allow the 180mm fan its best chances at keeping things inside at an acceptable temperature.
Under the unit you find that there are two strips of rubber applied to the bottom of the front bezel to keep the SG07 in place, the rear uses raises rubber feet. The large dust cover here is where the included power supply draws its source of fresh cool air. To the left is yet more ventilation for the GPU. SilverStone surrounded this area with a plastic diverter. This should keep the warm air from the GPU from going into the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit