When it comes to gaming notebooks, there are two main things that can coax a gamer to upgrade to a new machine even if their current notebook is still doing well. Those things include a new GPU and a new CPU. Today I have the latest gaming rig from ASUS on my bench and it is called the G73JW-A1.
Visually this notebook looks just like the G73JH that I reviewed not long ago. The big difference is that the G73JW-A1 I am checking out today gives up the AMD GPU the JH used in favor of a new NVIDIA mobile GPU with nice power and performance.
The real question here is whether or not the G73JW-A1 is better than the JH version and if the gaming rig is worth your hard-earned money. In addition to the new GPU, the G73JW-A1 I have today also has a more powerful CPU. Let's get to it and see how well the G73JW-A1 performs.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
The G73JW-A1 can be had on Amazon for $1745 and you should be able to find the notebook at other online stores as well.
Check out the full specifications of my test machine below. The unit I am reviewing has the 740QM processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [ASUS' G73JW-A1 Up Close]
- Page 3 [Performance - A/V Encoding, Battery Life, Boot Time, and Power Consumption]
- Page 4 [Performance - PCMark Vantage, CINEBENCH, Super Pi, and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Hands on Use and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard