We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
With its EPU and the EPU-6 software running at stock speeds, the P6X58D-E is pretty energy efficient. Of course, if you are going to overclock the system, then the EPU cannot do much for you.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
When we first looked at the P6X58D-E we felt there would be no cooling issues with the board. However, we noted that even at stock speeds and at idle the Northbridge does get a little warm. We do not think that this will be a problem, though, as there was not much of a delta between idle and load temps (around 2C). Even when overclocked things did not get out of hand.
The ASUS P6X58D-E is a very good board. It shows that it deserves its place at the upper end of the ASUS mainstream line-up. With options for overclocking, Tri-SLI and Crossfire, along with excellent memory performance, you could really use this in any role you wanted (multiple Quadros for graphics work etc.).
On the gaming front we found that the P6X58D-E was more than capable. The audio was well done with clean sound while once again the memory and HDD performance showed in the time it took levels to load. On the workstation side the P6X58D-E was able to deal with our professional level apps with ease. With a price tag of $229.99 from NewEgg.com the P6X58D-E is great value for gamers and prosumers alike.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Team Cherry announces Hollow Knight physical copy release
- Space Hulk: Tactics trailer unveiled, October 9 release
- Life is Strange 2 revealed, new trailer/screenshots
- Broforce publisher announces Switch release Sept 6th
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Buy (20) Apple iPhone X $7.980 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada