The Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler
Looking at the V6 GT from the top, you can see a bit of what it has to offer. There is a cap on the cooler that not only acts as a cover for the fans, but has a strip of lighting to accent your case. To give that extra needed boost, the V6 GT ships with two fans already clipped onto the cooler.
From the side you can see that these two fans that simply clip on for easy cleaning have the task of cooling the six pipes and the tight array of fifty-five fins.
The intake looks clean, and with the use of the shroud for each fan, there are no messy screws to mass with or to take away from the sexy, translucent, and black, seven blade fans.
The exhaust side keeps the same attention to detail, and looks just as clean. You can also see the model number of these 93 CFM monsters that Cooler Master chose to compliment the V6 GT.
The base still shows a bit of the milling process, but is still a good flat surface to work with. The two holes above and below the base will be used in a bit to mount either AMD or Intel mounting hardware,
Just to prove, that a mirror finish isn't everything. To me as long as the razor reads true, the base is level and flat, finish aside, the V6 GT is very "square" in this respect.
The top of the base has a special key way cut into it. Plan ahead and make sure you install the Intel hardware in the right direction; the final install will be determined by this.
Wiring from the V5 GT comes as two 4-pin, PWM connections, and a two into one fan connector, so they can both be run off of the CPU PWM header on the motherboard. You also see a 4-pin Molex connection. This is used to add power to the top, without it plugged in there are no lights functional.
Going back to the top, this time not inside the box, we can see the Cooler master badge and the lighting strip much better. Once the Molex is plugged in, the logo is also a workable switch.
Mine started in the off position, and one push of the logo brings a red LED near the top of the band. Depending on the angle you are seeing the lighting, it will make the whole strip appear red, versus the more specific LED you are seeing here.
Push the logo again and you get a blue LED.
Push it again, and you get purple, or violet lighting. If the lighting is too bright to sleep to, with one more push, the LEDs can be turned off during operation as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit