So you're sitting there on a P55 based machine, you want to get some RAM, but you're a bit down because if you had an X58 board you would be getting 6GB which seems like a good amount. Instead you're looking at a 4GB kit. While no doubt 4GB is nice, it would be nicer to have a bit more RAM. Sure, you could fill all your banks up, but you're not a huge fan of doing that for fear of instability or other performance related issues.
Well, A-DATA have come to the rescue today with an 8GB kit that's part of the Gaming Series. It's not the most aggressive memory, but that's to be expected since we're dealing with 4GB modules. For most gamers as well, it's not all about the speed, even though PC3-12800 is still impressive none the less.
The question is, how'd we go with the kit? Well, let's take the time to quickly have a look at what's going on with the package before we dive deeper into the clocks of the modules and see how we went with overclocking. Then we'll get stuck into the performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch drives Gamestop hardware sales
- Tencent will publish PUBG in China
- Paradox and Jon Shafer 'part ways' after just 6 months
- COLORFUL introduce new Plus Series SSD range
- CoolerMaster release the MasterKeys MK750 gaming keyboard
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ