Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Sonata Proto is a cold rolled, steel, mid tower chassis that uses plastic for the front bezel. The outside is painted in a textured black finish, while the inside is left exposed. In the front there is room for up to nine drives in total; three external 5.25" bays, two external 3.5" bays and room for four 3.5" hard drives. The chassis uses a top mounted power supply and offers room for m-ITX, m-ATX and ATX motherboards. Spinning around to the back, the Proto has seven expansion slots, so multiple GPU setups will not be an issue even with a soundcard, or NIC if you still use one.
One of the main features of the Sonata Proto is its silence. Antec ships the case with only one fan in place. That is the 120mm TwoCool, switchable, two speed fan. There is not a fan in the front of the chassis acting as an intake, nor is there room for them, but Antec offers a well ventilated front panel and a removable dust filter in place. Silence is achieved, but you have to depend on the 120mm fan and your power supply fan to extinguish any internal heat.
With the efficiency of the layout and air flow and the silence provided from using the one fan, that leaves us with the affordability factor. Looking at Google shopping tells me that this version of the Sonata lineup isn't that easy to obtain currently, but if you look hard enough, the Proto can be found. I was able to locate it at Newegg for $69.99 plus shipping. Total out of the warehouse and to your door will end up running you about $85 USD.
Let's see what's inside and if Antec has the mid tower case to buy in the Sonata Proto.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit