Looking at the results, I'm surprised to see the X58 and P55 setup perform so close to each other. To be honest, though, I'm not sure if I'm surprised that the P55 performs close to the X58 or surprised that the X58 doesn't perform better when compared to the P55. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, the P55 performs extremely well against the more expensive X58 setup.
The biggest reason why the numbers are so close to each other is because I think we chose to put it on as close a playing field as possible. What this really means that if you're into overclocking and happy to do it, then you'll probably find yourself getting performance similar to that of an X58 setup at the same speed. If you're able to pull even more MHz out of your P55 setup than a friends, your machine will probably end up running faster.
As for the RAM, there's no surprises from OCZ. You've got a great couple of kits here for people who don't want to spend huge money. They might look a bit boring, but if you play around with the dividers and have a decent CPU, getting 4GHz off a X58 or P55 setup with either kit shouldn't be a problem.
While all of a sudden the X58 setup might be feeling a bit obsolete, you have to remember that if you're interested in going down the two or more video card route then the dual x16 ports on offer from the X58 setup is going to be much more appreciated. Of course, something like the HD 5970 which uses only a single slot is going to go well on both systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit