Motherboard: GIGABYTE X58-UD7 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Processors: Intel Core i7 975 (Supplied by AVADirect)
Hard Drive: Intel X25-M 80GB SSD (Gen1) SATA-II
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with latest updates
Drivers: NEC USB 3.0 1.0170
We decided to test the Sharkoon USB 3.0 toaster with the provided Sharkoon NEC USB 3.0 controller card as well as plugged into one of the USB 3.0 ports on the new GIGABYTE X58-UD7 motherboard that uses the same NEC controller chip as the Sharkoon controller card. Results should be similar, but we wanted to find out for sure.
We installed an Intel X25-M 80GB SSD (Gen1) SATA-II drive into the toaster to get an idea of both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 performance. To test USB 2.0 performance, we used the exact same setup as USB 3.0 except plugged the USB 3.0 cable in from the device to one of the USB 2.0 ports on the GIGABYTE UD7 motherboard.
Testing was not trouble free, though. After some extensive testing, we have determined that due to the age and use of the Intel SSD that we are using here, there are some write performance issues under HD Tune Pro. It is important to note that this is not an issue with the Sharkoon toaster or controller card or the GIGABYTE motherboard. Above you can see a write test screenshot from HD Tune Pro. Normally the writes would not drop down to 0.2MB/s.
Let's begin on the next page now and find out how this thing performs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ