Accessories and Documentation
Opening one of the hardware boxes, I found labelled packages for both the AMD and Intel mounting kits.
The Intel kit comes with one back plate; it is a universal i7, i5, 775 plate, and to the right of it is some high density foam that may or may not be fully used, depending on the installation. The "studs" at the bottom lock into either back plate, then you slide it in from behind the motherboard. Add a black plastic spacer on top, then one side of the top mounting brace, and top it off with the thumb screws provided.
The AMD kit is slightly different. This time there is no back plate, as any AM2 or newer board should already have. Using said back plate without the plastic retainer on top, you would screw these mounts, with the spacers and screws provided, into the appropriate holes so the cooler fits on your socket correctly. This mounting does give you the option to use a normal flow pattern instead of blowing the air at the top of the chassis.
Alongside the packages of mounting goodies, the instruction folder can also be found.
Open it up to reveal either the Intel or AMD instructions. Both sets are written descriptively enough that there is no need for images, but they include really good images anyway.
In the other box I found a bunch more goodies. A syringe of NT-H1, and not a little one either, comes with the NH-D14. Some fan mounting accessories also come with it, but I didn't have any desire in placing wither of these fans somewhere else. There are three fan connections as well; one for low speed, one for high speed, and one adapter to convert your CPU fan header to a two fan configuration. For mounting the NH-D14, Noctua ships a long 90 degree Phillip's screwdriver to ease installation. Once you get it all installed, be proud and don't forget to add the case badge so everyone knows what's inside ;)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz