Accessories and Documentation
Opening one of the hardware boxes, I found labelled packages for both the AMD and Intel mounting kits.
The Intel kit comes with one back plate; it is a universal i7, i5, 775 plate, and to the right of it is some high density foam that may or may not be fully used, depending on the installation. The "studs" at the bottom lock into either back plate, then you slide it in from behind the motherboard. Add a black plastic spacer on top, then one side of the top mounting brace, and top it off with the thumb screws provided.
The AMD kit is slightly different. This time there is no back plate, as any AM2 or newer board should already have. Using said back plate without the plastic retainer on top, you would screw these mounts, with the spacers and screws provided, into the appropriate holes so the cooler fits on your socket correctly. This mounting does give you the option to use a normal flow pattern instead of blowing the air at the top of the chassis.
Alongside the packages of mounting goodies, the instruction folder can also be found.
Open it up to reveal either the Intel or AMD instructions. Both sets are written descriptively enough that there is no need for images, but they include really good images anyway.
In the other box I found a bunch more goodies. A syringe of NT-H1, and not a little one either, comes with the NH-D14. Some fan mounting accessories also come with it, but I didn't have any desire in placing wither of these fans somewhere else. There are three fan connections as well; one for low speed, one for high speed, and one adapter to convert your CPU fan header to a two fan configuration. For mounting the NH-D14, Noctua ships a long 90 degree Phillip's screwdriver to ease installation. Once you get it all installed, be proud and don't forget to add the case badge so everyone knows what's inside ;)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit