The iStorage Pro iT8SAE
The iT8SAE has a mesh grill that allows the system to pull air in from the front of the unit and pass it over the drives. The door has a lock, but we were able to turn the system on and off through the mesh grill. But since this isn't designed for high security environments, it wasn't that big of a deal.
With the door open we can see the removable drive bays. At the bottom right there is a power button and two LEDs that show the systems status.
The back planes are setup for SAS drives, so you can use either SAS or SATA drives, or even a combination of the two.
The drive carriers are made of steel and use copper inserts that eliminates any vibration that would normally add to the noise from the system when in operation. This is important in the production environment since no one wants to mix down a song or video and hear the rattle of their storage subsystem.
The top and sides of the iT8SAE are made of thick aluminum which aids in keeping the weight down as well as insulate hard drive noise.
The Areca ARC-8020 is located at the top of the unit. The middle connector is where you insert the data cable from the RAID controller. The two ports on either side are used to expand the system. A terminal slot is also included on the expander and you can telnet into the system to set everything up. The four buttons to the right of the LCD screen can also be used to set the system up further if needed, but iStorage Pro has done a very good job of having everything ready to go as soon as you power the system on.
A 120mm fan sets in the middle of the iT8SAE and does a good job of keeping the drives cool. Our 15K.7 drives never reported temperatures over 40C. The power supply is at the bottom of the case. The power supply included in the unit was manufactured by Seasonic, the same OEM that Corsair uses on their extremely popular PSUs. The PSU included with our test system was 80-Plus certified and came with a 350 watt rating.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The iStorage Pro iT8SAE]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Copy-Benchmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series