MX-3 Thermal Compound
Just like with the Alpine 11 Pro, Arctic Cooling keeps the olive green over the light background with their MX-3 packaging as well. The typical TIM bullet points flank the right side of this packaging. What takes me a bit by surprise is the 8 year durability notification at the bottom right. Wow!
The rear of the MX-3 packaging is headlined by bcchardware's testing on an AMD Phenom and its accompanying cooler. Below this are a few facts and the specifications of MX-3. Just below the specs chart is a line I found a bit funny. While they claim it is safe to ingest the MX-3 by OSHA standards, they still suggest you handle it as hazardous waste when you are done using it. My suggestion here is don't eat the paste.
Placed next to a half used tube of MX-2, you can see they still use the same size 4 gram syringe. Stepping from the more plain black and white of the MX-2, the MX-3 gets a flashier sticker.
Once I squeezed a bit onto my lapped processor I realized the MX-3 compound is a bit thicker in consistency then the MX-2. MX-3 is more the consistency of say the GC-2 we tested earlier. I did try to spread the compound with a baggie as well as just my finger tip, both times failing miserably. Either find a spatula type of device to spread the compound, or use blobs of compound and let the cooler do its job.
As with my previous TIM testing, I found if you don't want to take the time applying the compound like the 5 side of a die allows a relatively complete and even spread. I dropped the CPU into a socket and installed the cooler. With the five dot method, the above was my resulting coverage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit