MX-3 Thermal Compound
Just like with the Alpine 11 Pro, Arctic Cooling keeps the olive green over the light background with their MX-3 packaging as well. The typical TIM bullet points flank the right side of this packaging. What takes me a bit by surprise is the 8 year durability notification at the bottom right. Wow!
The rear of the MX-3 packaging is headlined by bcchardware's testing on an AMD Phenom and its accompanying cooler. Below this are a few facts and the specifications of MX-3. Just below the specs chart is a line I found a bit funny. While they claim it is safe to ingest the MX-3 by OSHA standards, they still suggest you handle it as hazardous waste when you are done using it. My suggestion here is don't eat the paste.
Placed next to a half used tube of MX-2, you can see they still use the same size 4 gram syringe. Stepping from the more plain black and white of the MX-2, the MX-3 gets a flashier sticker.
Once I squeezed a bit onto my lapped processor I realized the MX-3 compound is a bit thicker in consistency then the MX-2. MX-3 is more the consistency of say the GC-2 we tested earlier. I did try to spread the compound with a baggie as well as just my finger tip, both times failing miserably. Either find a spatula type of device to spread the compound, or use blobs of compound and let the cooler do its job.
As with my previous TIM testing, I found if you don't want to take the time applying the compound like the 5 side of a die allows a relatively complete and even spread. I dropped the CPU into a socket and installed the cooler. With the five dot method, the above was my resulting coverage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard