MX-3 Thermal Compound
Just like with the Alpine 11 Pro, Arctic Cooling keeps the olive green over the light background with their MX-3 packaging as well. The typical TIM bullet points flank the right side of this packaging. What takes me a bit by surprise is the 8 year durability notification at the bottom right. Wow!
The rear of the MX-3 packaging is headlined by bcchardware's testing on an AMD Phenom and its accompanying cooler. Below this are a few facts and the specifications of MX-3. Just below the specs chart is a line I found a bit funny. While they claim it is safe to ingest the MX-3 by OSHA standards, they still suggest you handle it as hazardous waste when you are done using it. My suggestion here is don't eat the paste.
Placed next to a half used tube of MX-2, you can see they still use the same size 4 gram syringe. Stepping from the more plain black and white of the MX-2, the MX-3 gets a flashier sticker.
Once I squeezed a bit onto my lapped processor I realized the MX-3 compound is a bit thicker in consistency then the MX-2. MX-3 is more the consistency of say the GC-2 we tested earlier. I did try to spread the compound with a baggie as well as just my finger tip, both times failing miserably. Either find a spatula type of device to spread the compound, or use blobs of compound and let the cooler do its job.
As with my previous TIM testing, I found if you don't want to take the time applying the compound like the 5 side of a die allows a relatively complete and even spread. I dropped the CPU into a socket and installed the cooler. With the five dot method, the above was my resulting coverage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series