Not too long ago people were talking about the way that Intel had snatched back the performance crown from AMD. The P4 and Netburst was history, Conroe and its successors had done their job. But as we have mentioned before, once Intel gets rolling, they are hard to slow down.
They pushed out Nehalem, a native quad-core CPU, which ran a full three channels of RAM and eight threads per cycle. It simply trounced everything out, including older dual-quad core systems out at the time.
Of course these CPUs were not inexpensive; they and the boards to support them cost a lot of money. This did lead to some issue in adoption of the Nehalem/Core i7.
Well, Intel was not sitting back and waiting. They had plans for a dual channel memory version of Nehalem. But they wanted to make sure they provided some overlap in the way the CPU offerings worked.
This new architecture would not just be a lower powered version of Nehalem, it was going to be something very different and will set the mainstream world on its ear.
Tag along with us as we show you exactly what Lynnfield (both Core i5 and Core i7) have to offer you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New?]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series