Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The PhotoFast V4S is a 2.5" SSD that uses the Indilinx Barefoot controller with 64MB cache. This is a pretty common theme these days, but the V4S has an interesting twist. The memory used is not the standard MLC that we have seen with countless other Indilinx controlled drives, but high end SLC memory that is reserved for the enterprise market.
SLC still writes faster than MLC since it doesn't need to clear the block before a write operation happens. At the same time, clearing the block adds wear to the memory so SLC drives have a longer lifespan than MLC.
At 499 USD the V4S is designed for professional use and there won't be too many people purchasing these for their notebooks, even though they would make great drives for personal use. DVNation carries the PhotoFast G-Monster V4S and has them in stock at this time. If you are looking for a significant quantity be sure to check out the distributer site, PhotoFastSSD.com.
When it comes to performance, the V4S is advertised to have 270MB/s read and 190MB/s write. At this time the V4S has the highest rated read speed on the market. It would seem that PhotoFast needs the next generation of SATA to arrive sooner rather than later since they are hitting a ceiling with the current limits of specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The PhotoFast V4S SLC SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard