Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The PhotoFast V4S is a 2.5" SSD that uses the Indilinx Barefoot controller with 64MB cache. This is a pretty common theme these days, but the V4S has an interesting twist. The memory used is not the standard MLC that we have seen with countless other Indilinx controlled drives, but high end SLC memory that is reserved for the enterprise market.
SLC still writes faster than MLC since it doesn't need to clear the block before a write operation happens. At the same time, clearing the block adds wear to the memory so SLC drives have a longer lifespan than MLC.
At 499 USD the V4S is designed for professional use and there won't be too many people purchasing these for their notebooks, even though they would make great drives for personal use. DVNation carries the PhotoFast G-Monster V4S and has them in stock at this time. If you are looking for a significant quantity be sure to check out the distributer site, PhotoFastSSD.com.
When it comes to performance, the V4S is advertised to have 270MB/s read and 190MB/s write. At this time the V4S has the highest rated read speed on the market. It would seem that PhotoFast needs the next generation of SATA to arrive sooner rather than later since they are hitting a ceiling with the current limits of specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The PhotoFast V4S SLC SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit