We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD-ROM or many cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
This is where things get interesting. Despite an extra core on the Atom 330 processor it still manages to keep right up with the Atom 230 in saving power. Both platforms aren't that far off the Nano processor platform.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboards, this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Here we see that the Atom 330 actually generates only an extra couple of degrees of heat compared to the 230 Atom, but both fall behind the VIA Nano which is even able to run without a heatsink for quite some time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms