I am impressed to say the least with GELID's latest submission of GC-Extreme thermal compound. Not only does it beat the GC-2, which I thought was a great compound already, but handles the competition very easily. Considering the "industry standard" to be very similar to the results achieved with AS-5, the GC-Extreme is well above "standard".
Application is made much easier this time around, partly due simply on the viscosity of the GC-Extreme. The supplied spreader can make short work of this task, very easily, and evenly. While I did spread it with my finger and found it very similar to the way MX-2 spreads, I have to say follow the manufacturer instructions and spread this compound before mounting the cooler; you will achieve much better results for the minimal effort needed for this small step.
With the results in, leaving the GC-Extreme proudly atop the podium, we are left with the obvious question. Is it worth the price? I say yes it is! Looking at Newegg and comparing apples to apples, most of the ones listed in the competition are in the $10 price range. Newegg is getting $13.99 currently for the GC-Extreme, plus shipping. With a bit of searching the GC-Extreme can be had considerably cheaper, which makes this easy to use compound that yields great results a "no brainer" to intently ponder when you look to make your next compound purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM