The Xigmatek Dark Knight is the best looking S1283 cooler I have seen to date. I really can't imagine how they could make this cooler have any more appeal than they have done with the all-black, nickel plating. This cooler is "dark" through and through and the fan choice is an excellent addition to accent the Dark Knight.
The performance of the Dark Knight is really good based on its listed selling price. With only a minor gap in testing between the Dark Knight and the Thor's Hammer (depending on your fan choice), for those who don't need the latest in fin design the Dark Knight is a cheaper alternative. If you are looking for a good bang for the buck cooler I think the Dark Knight S1283 should be put on your list of choices.
I don't really have anything to address, as far as issues go, with the Dark Knight. Everything was pretty much what is expected from Xigmatek, but this time in a sexy black nickel coating. I for one am a sucker for "bling", and overall appeal of a cooler. With the Dark Knight being in the sub-fifty dollar cooler market, the Dark Knight can stand atop the hill and do battle with some of the best coolers out there. I would personally buy this cooler if I hadn't seen the Thor's Hammer first. Based on pricing alone I feel this cooler has a bit more value to offer than the Thor's Hammer does.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Dark Knight S1238]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard