Wireless Performance, Games and Movies
Firstly, I must make mention that the wireless range of the HS-1000W is very impressive, allowing me to walk all around my house streaming data straight off the web. I could lie in bed, stand on the veranda, it did not matter where I went in my house; the signal was always strong and never missed a beat. I have not done a whole lot of testing with wireless products. In fact, this is only my second, but I must comment that it worked flawlessly and also impressed those around me.
For the signal to drop out I had to go all the way outside to my car port, but this really was pushing the limit of the 2.4GHz wireless network and I only did it to see how far it could actually travel.
I must say, though, on a basic level of loading any data on the PC and being able to listen to it wherever I am in the house, this is simply awesome. I absolutely cannot fault the wireless capability of the HS-1000 it does exactly what it says and is simply handy to have.
Due to the less demanding nature of game audio, the HS-1000W will be fine for any gamer who wants wireless capability for their gaming setup. Used in conjunction with the latest from EAX, I see no reason at all for the HS-1000W not to be a great companion for the LAN gamer or any gamer who wants wireless and portability.
Now, while we're on portability, the HS-1000W fold up very neatly to fit snugly in the small black carry case, which should make these a great travel companion.
Movies are unfortunately quite demanding on audio equipment, much the same as music listening can be. I would recommend using "Dolby Headphone" in your software decoder to create an artificial 5.1 environment when listening to movies. With respect to how well the HS-1000W can be recommended for movies, I would put them halfway between the performance of games and music, due to movies possessing a lot of vital transient information like music, but being in a surround format which lessons the blow of being without those transients.
Before I conclude my thoughts on these headphones, I must make a mention to the microphone feature of the HS-1000W which allows the user to walk and talk with other people using Skype or MSN Messenger. Now, this is not a recording Mic; it's simply there to facilitate speech wirelessly, so I will not critique it but will say simply that it will make life easier for anyone buying these headphones.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Testing the Highs and Lows]
- Page 6 [Wireless Performance, Games and Movies]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series