Technical Overview - Continued
Just briefly as a side note, but an important one; when dealing with systems like this which are aimed very much at the lower end of the market, the primary focus of analyzing specifications of a product becomes, well, less primarily of a concern. Although still rightfully necessary in the reviewing process, the emphasis falls to 'Is this good value for money or not?'.
When it comes to controlling the system, on the rear of the subwoofer you will find controls for itself and the main power on/off switch for the system. On the left satellite there is a volume control for the two main speakers and on the side of the speaker there is a very handy headphone jack to save from reaching behind the PC at all hours. Also there is a line input for any of the various MP3 players currently on the market.
What we're looking at here is a 2.1 system with not a whole lot of headroom in the amp stakes. It also lacks dedicated tweeters, which can be difficult to overcome in terms of extending the response right up through the higher frequencies with competence. However, having had such positive experiences with Hercules products thus far, I'm confident this system is right on when it comes to value for money and it might even throw up a surprise with sound quality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard