Pro Display (www.prodisplay.com) has supplied its Clearview transparent rear projection screens to Swiss artist group pulp.noir (www.pulpnoir.ch) for its recent dystopian stage show entitled, 'Signal To Noise'.
The pulp.noir collective was formed in 2004 by musician Thomas Fischer and video artist Julia Maria Morf, to discover and explore the absurdity of modern life. Works include scenic, installation and performance works and are shown to a wide audience interested in theatre, arts, music and film.
In a Big Brother-inspired story, Pro Display's Clearview screens show holographic-effect doppelgangers of the performers on-stage. The actors engage with their own video avatars, creating a surreal, 3-dimensional environment in which live performance, video and audio are interwoven with audience interaction.
The audience is immersed further into the story by the Clearview projection screens as they fill the stage with effects such as being underwater or flying over clouds. The three screens stand 2.5 metres tall by 1.75 metres wide and are suspended between the actors and the audience.
Pro Display's Clearview projection surface is 92% transparent, yet delivers a stunning projected image thanks to a combination of special optical dyes and millions of crystal lenses embedded within the screen. In this installation, each screen was projected onto by an EIKI 2,500 lumens projector.
Julia Maria Morf, audiovisual artist and co-founder of pulp.noir, says:
"Signal To Noise explores how the lines have blurred between our real and digital selves. The Clearview projection screens are key pieces of this project as their transparency gives us so many creative visual options. Letting the actors interact with virtual doubles of themselves has a very powerful theatrical impact."
Ben Kershaw, Sales Manager at Pro Display, comments:
"We're always excited to see new creative installations from our clients. Using our Clearview screens as part of the stage set and also part of the performance is a brilliant example. For our part, we'll continue to bring innovative display technologies to market, enabling our customers to create new showstopping AV installations."
Pro Display manufactures professional quality front projection and rear projection films and screens, designed to perform in a range of lighting conditions and projector configurations.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz