Pro Display (www.prodisplay.com) has supplied its Clearview transparent rear projection screens to Swiss artist group pulp.noir (www.pulpnoir.ch) for its recent dystopian stage show entitled, 'Signal To Noise'.
The pulp.noir collective was formed in 2004 by musician Thomas Fischer and video artist Julia Maria Morf, to discover and explore the absurdity of modern life. Works include scenic, installation and performance works and are shown to a wide audience interested in theatre, arts, music and film.
In a Big Brother-inspired story, Pro Display's Clearview screens show holographic-effect doppelgangers of the performers on-stage. The actors engage with their own video avatars, creating a surreal, 3-dimensional environment in which live performance, video and audio are interwoven with audience interaction.
The audience is immersed further into the story by the Clearview projection screens as they fill the stage with effects such as being underwater or flying over clouds. The three screens stand 2.5 metres tall by 1.75 metres wide and are suspended between the actors and the audience.
Pro Display's Clearview projection surface is 92% transparent, yet delivers a stunning projected image thanks to a combination of special optical dyes and millions of crystal lenses embedded within the screen. In this installation, each screen was projected onto by an EIKI 2,500 lumens projector.
Julia Maria Morf, audiovisual artist and co-founder of pulp.noir, says:
"Signal To Noise explores how the lines have blurred between our real and digital selves. The Clearview projection screens are key pieces of this project as their transparency gives us so many creative visual options. Letting the actors interact with virtual doubles of themselves has a very powerful theatrical impact."
Ben Kershaw, Sales Manager at Pro Display, comments:
"We're always excited to see new creative installations from our clients. Using our Clearview screens as part of the stage set and also part of the performance is a brilliant example. For our part, we'll continue to bring innovative display technologies to market, enabling our customers to create new showstopping AV installations."
Pro Display manufactures professional quality front projection and rear projection films and screens, designed to perform in a range of lighting conditions and projector configurations.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum reaches record high of $414, mining is now easier
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil: real custom Vega
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ