Pro Display (www.prodisplay.com) has supplied its Clearview transparent rear projection screens to Swiss artist group pulp.noir (www.pulpnoir.ch) for its recent dystopian stage show entitled, 'Signal To Noise'.
The pulp.noir collective was formed in 2004 by musician Thomas Fischer and video artist Julia Maria Morf, to discover and explore the absurdity of modern life. Works include scenic, installation and performance works and are shown to a wide audience interested in theatre, arts, music and film.
In a Big Brother-inspired story, Pro Display's Clearview screens show holographic-effect doppelgangers of the performers on-stage. The actors engage with their own video avatars, creating a surreal, 3-dimensional environment in which live performance, video and audio are interwoven with audience interaction.
The audience is immersed further into the story by the Clearview projection screens as they fill the stage with effects such as being underwater or flying over clouds. The three screens stand 2.5 metres tall by 1.75 metres wide and are suspended between the actors and the audience.
Pro Display's Clearview projection surface is 92% transparent, yet delivers a stunning projected image thanks to a combination of special optical dyes and millions of crystal lenses embedded within the screen. In this installation, each screen was projected onto by an EIKI 2,500 lumens projector.
Julia Maria Morf, audiovisual artist and co-founder of pulp.noir, says:
"Signal To Noise explores how the lines have blurred between our real and digital selves. The Clearview projection screens are key pieces of this project as their transparency gives us so many creative visual options. Letting the actors interact with virtual doubles of themselves has a very powerful theatrical impact."
Ben Kershaw, Sales Manager at Pro Display, comments:
"We're always excited to see new creative installations from our clients. Using our Clearview screens as part of the stage set and also part of the performance is a brilliant example. For our part, we'll continue to bring innovative display technologies to market, enabling our customers to create new showstopping AV installations."
Pro Display manufactures professional quality front projection and rear projection films and screens, designed to perform in a range of lighting conditions and projector configurations.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit