Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that PlayStation 4 (PS4) computer entertainment system with 500GB hard disk drive (HDD), originally priced at $549.95AUD will now be available in Australia at the new recommended retail price of $479.95AUD including GST.
Jim Ryan, SCEE president and CEO commented: "We are delighted to deliver the PS4 system at its best-ever value just in time for the holiday season, making it more accessible to a broader audience in Europe." He went on to say, "With this year's biggest blockbusters and next year's best exclusives such as UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End set to thrill players, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community. Also, watch out for an amazing range of Ultimate Player Edition Bundles including the 1TB PS4 and some of the biggest games of the year, offering even greater value."
Demonstrating strong support from 3rd party developers and publishers, upcoming PS4 software titles this year in Australia include highly anticipated releases such as Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.) and Star Wars Battlefront (Electronic Arts Inc.), launching alongside special PS4 hardware bundles. Blockbuster exclusives such as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SCE Worldwide Studios) and Street Fighter V (Capcom) are also expected to join the PS4 software title portfolio in 2016.
In addition to the new attractive price point, SCE will accelerate the expansion of the PS4 system to new audiences by further enhancing the PS4 ecosystem, which includes strengthening the PS4 software line-up, bolstering the network services available on PlayStation Network and introducing PlayStation VR, the virtual reality system that expands the world of PS4. The recent PS4 system software update 3.00 includes a range of new features, from entirely new functions such as a new Events App and YouTube Live streaming direct from the PS4 system, as well as visual enhancements to the user interface.
There is no better time to join PlayStation as SCE continues to expand the world of PS4 through attractive software titles and network services to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
Latest News Posts
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions