The Storage Products Business Unit of Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., a committed technology leader, announces its newest enterprise performance hard disk drive (HDD) line, the AL14SE series, designed for mission critical servers and high-performance, high-availability storage systems. The AL14SE is Toshiba's latest 10,500 rotations per minute (RPM) HDD to support 12Gbit/s SAS and 512n sector length for compatibility with the latest generation host controllers and host bus adapters.
The AL14SE features a new four platter design, increasing storage capacity by 33 percent over the previous AL13SE generation models. The new AL14SE family is also updated with a 128MB data buffer for improved performance. The AL14SE family of HDDs provides 12Gbit/s dual-ported SAS support and 512n sector models in industry standard capacities of 300GB, 450GB, 600GB, 900GB and 1200GB.
This newest generation HDD is designed to support OEM customizations of value-add features such as optional RAID rebuild assist and optional self-encryption feature sets. The standard 12Gbit/s SAS feature provides auto-negotiation to 6Gbit/s SAS for legacy host controllers, enabling compatibility within legacy hardware platforms and host controllers. For applications and hypervisor environments that require storage devices to support 512n sector, the new Toshiba models deliver this sector length with the improved performance of 12Gbit/s SAS and a larger 128MB data buffer. The AL14SE is ideally suited for server and storage systems and applications requiring a balance between storage capacity and performance in virtualized storage environments.
"The AL14SE line of HDDs is optimized for applications requiring a balance between reduced latency for higher performance and a lower cost for storage capacity," said Scott Wright, director of enterprise HDD marketing. "Our OEM partners appreciate Toshiba's ability to support 512n sector lengths for optimum integration with virtualized storage environments such as vSphere, and to provide value-add feature options to tailor security and performance to their specific needs."
Samples of the Toshiba AL14SE 512n sector of HDDs are available now.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series