The Storage Products Business Unit of Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., a committed technology leader, announces its newest enterprise performance hard disk drive (HDD) line, the AL14SE series, designed for mission critical servers and high-performance, high-availability storage systems. The AL14SE is Toshiba's latest 10,500 rotations per minute (RPM) HDD to support 12Gbit/s SAS and 512n sector length for compatibility with the latest generation host controllers and host bus adapters.
The AL14SE features a new four platter design, increasing storage capacity by 33 percent over the previous AL13SE generation models. The new AL14SE family is also updated with a 128MB data buffer for improved performance. The AL14SE family of HDDs provides 12Gbit/s dual-ported SAS support and 512n sector models in industry standard capacities of 300GB, 450GB, 600GB, 900GB and 1200GB.
This newest generation HDD is designed to support OEM customizations of value-add features such as optional RAID rebuild assist and optional self-encryption feature sets. The standard 12Gbit/s SAS feature provides auto-negotiation to 6Gbit/s SAS for legacy host controllers, enabling compatibility within legacy hardware platforms and host controllers. For applications and hypervisor environments that require storage devices to support 512n sector, the new Toshiba models deliver this sector length with the improved performance of 12Gbit/s SAS and a larger 128MB data buffer. The AL14SE is ideally suited for server and storage systems and applications requiring a balance between storage capacity and performance in virtualized storage environments.
"The AL14SE line of HDDs is optimized for applications requiring a balance between reduced latency for higher performance and a lower cost for storage capacity," said Scott Wright, director of enterprise HDD marketing. "Our OEM partners appreciate Toshiba's ability to support 512n sector lengths for optimum integration with virtualized storage environments such as vSphere, and to provide value-add feature options to tailor security and performance to their specific needs."
Samples of the Toshiba AL14SE 512n sector of HDDs are available now.
Latest News Posts
- Stadia Pro will give out one free game a month
- Digital makes 93% of Ubisoft earnings, microtransactions up
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer