The Storage Products Business Unit of Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., a committed technology leader, announces its newest enterprise performance hard disk drive (HDD) line, the AL14SE series, designed for mission critical servers and high-performance, high-availability storage systems. The AL14SE is Toshiba's latest 10,500 rotations per minute (RPM) HDD to support 12Gbit/s SAS and 512n sector length for compatibility with the latest generation host controllers and host bus adapters.
The AL14SE features a new four platter design, increasing storage capacity by 33 percent over the previous AL13SE generation models. The new AL14SE family is also updated with a 128MB data buffer for improved performance. The AL14SE family of HDDs provides 12Gbit/s dual-ported SAS support and 512n sector models in industry standard capacities of 300GB, 450GB, 600GB, 900GB and 1200GB.
This newest generation HDD is designed to support OEM customizations of value-add features such as optional RAID rebuild assist and optional self-encryption feature sets. The standard 12Gbit/s SAS feature provides auto-negotiation to 6Gbit/s SAS for legacy host controllers, enabling compatibility within legacy hardware platforms and host controllers. For applications and hypervisor environments that require storage devices to support 512n sector, the new Toshiba models deliver this sector length with the improved performance of 12Gbit/s SAS and a larger 128MB data buffer. The AL14SE is ideally suited for server and storage systems and applications requiring a balance between storage capacity and performance in virtualized storage environments.
"The AL14SE line of HDDs is optimized for applications requiring a balance between reduced latency for higher performance and a lower cost for storage capacity," said Scott Wright, director of enterprise HDD marketing. "Our OEM partners appreciate Toshiba's ability to support 512n sector lengths for optimum integration with virtualized storage environments such as vSphere, and to provide value-add feature options to tailor security and performance to their specific needs."
Samples of the Toshiba AL14SE 512n sector of HDDs are available now.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!