Second Concert on October 20 with Weezer to be Filmed for the Purpose of Including it as a Playable Set in GHTV, Guitar Hero Live's Playable Music Video Network
To celebrate the upcoming launch of Guitar Hero Live, Activision Publishing, Inc. is teaming up with iHeartMedia with a live concert featuring Weezer, Rival Sons and Grizfolk hosted by iHeartRadio's Paul Costabile at the YouTube Space LA in Los Angeles.
"Guitar Hero Live marks the return of the global pop culture phenomenon and we are bringing music to gamers in a brand new way, including GHTV, our playable music video network," said Paul Springer, SVP of Product Management on Guitar Hero, Activision Publishing, Inc. "We've been working with the incredible team at iHeart to develop new types of music content for GHTV and create a deeper connection between artists and a whole new audience of interactive music fans."
iHeartMedia will continue the celebration on October 20 through an additional full concert with Weezer, which will debut music from their brand new album at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles. Performances from this concert are being filmed for the purpose of including them as a playable music set in GHTV, the game's playable music video network. Hosted by ALT 98.7's Harms, the hour-long live event will feature an intimate Q&A with the band and live performance. The event will broadcast across iHeartMedia's Alternative, Mainstream and Active Rock radio stations nationwide; stream live for fans on iHeartMedia Alternative, Mainstream and Active Rock radio station websites.
"Music is at the core of everything we do at iHeartMedia," said Tim Castelli, President of National Sales, Marketing and Partnerships for iHeartMedia. "We are excited to be able to connect even more music fans with the artists they love by sharing our live iHeartRadio performances in a new and innovative way with Guitar Hero Live."
iHeartMedia and Activision intend to continue their collaboration into 2016 to bring unique playable experiences into GHTV.
Guitar Hero Live launches tomorrow in North America and October 23 in Europe on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Wii U console as well as iOS devices including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. For more information, please visit http://www.guitarhero.com, https://www.Facebook.com/GuitarHero, https://www.youtube.com/guitarhero, or follow @guitarhero on Twitter and Instagram.
Latest News Posts
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms