Second Concert on October 20 with Weezer to be Filmed for the Purpose of Including it as a Playable Set in GHTV, Guitar Hero Live's Playable Music Video Network
To celebrate the upcoming launch of Guitar Hero Live, Activision Publishing, Inc. is teaming up with iHeartMedia with a live concert featuring Weezer, Rival Sons and Grizfolk hosted by iHeartRadio's Paul Costabile at the YouTube Space LA in Los Angeles.
"Guitar Hero Live marks the return of the global pop culture phenomenon and we are bringing music to gamers in a brand new way, including GHTV, our playable music video network," said Paul Springer, SVP of Product Management on Guitar Hero, Activision Publishing, Inc. "We've been working with the incredible team at iHeart to develop new types of music content for GHTV and create a deeper connection between artists and a whole new audience of interactive music fans."
iHeartMedia will continue the celebration on October 20 through an additional full concert with Weezer, which will debut music from their brand new album at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles. Performances from this concert are being filmed for the purpose of including them as a playable music set in GHTV, the game's playable music video network. Hosted by ALT 98.7's Harms, the hour-long live event will feature an intimate Q&A with the band and live performance. The event will broadcast across iHeartMedia's Alternative, Mainstream and Active Rock radio stations nationwide; stream live for fans on iHeartMedia Alternative, Mainstream and Active Rock radio station websites.
"Music is at the core of everything we do at iHeartMedia," said Tim Castelli, President of National Sales, Marketing and Partnerships for iHeartMedia. "We are excited to be able to connect even more music fans with the artists they love by sharing our live iHeartRadio performances in a new and innovative way with Guitar Hero Live."
iHeartMedia and Activision intend to continue their collaboration into 2016 to bring unique playable experiences into GHTV.
Guitar Hero Live launches tomorrow in North America and October 23 in Europe on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 Wii U console as well as iOS devices including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. For more information, please visit http://www.guitarhero.com, https://www.Facebook.com/GuitarHero, https://www.youtube.com/guitarhero, or follow @guitarhero on Twitter and Instagram.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz