Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today that it has expanded its MaxRAM memory upgrade options for the newest Apple iMac 27" with Retina 5K display (Late 2015 iMac) to the maximum capacity of 64GB, twice the capacity of the factory-available options of up to 32GB.
After being the first vendor to provide aftermarket memory options for the new 27" iMac, OWC now offers the OWC MaxRAM Certified Upgrade kit of 64GB. This option provides buyers of the new iMac with greater choice, performance, savings and flexibility in their memory configuration choices.
The new OWC memory modules and kits are fully tested, qualified, and MaxRAM Certified for the most demanding applications. Additional memory is the most cost effective way to increase system performance. For applications that will benefit from more than Apple's current factory maximum of 32GB of total memory, new 27" iMac users will see improved performance gains with more memory provided by the new OWC options of up to 64GB.
OWC Testing Reveals Support for More Memory in New iMacs
The new Late 2015 iMac line was announced October 13, 2015 by Apple, and OWC was able to conduct testing of the computers to confirm they are able to support a maximum of 64GB of memory. New iMacs come with a standard 8GB of memory (two 4GB 1867 MHz DDR3 SDRAM memory modules), with the maximum amount of memory available from the factory consisting of four 8GB modules for a total of 32GB. From reading clues prior to the launch of the new iMacs, OWC suspected that the new 27" iMac would be able to support 64GB of memory, and testing of units purchased direct from an Apple store confirmed that suspicion.
Savings of up to 66% and up to Twice the Memory Possible Versus Comparable Factory RAM Upgrades
The new 27" iMac memory options are available at http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/iMac/Retina-5K2015/DDR3L. Upgrade kits up to 32GB that utilize the 4GB and 8GB memory modules are now available for shipping. Kits from 32GB to 64GB that utilize the 16GB modules will begin shipping to customers by October 21. All memory modules and kits are true speed 1867MHz PC3-14900 memory:
- 4GB (1 x 4GB) PC3-14900 Memory Module - $36.99
- 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit (doubles the standard memory to 16GB for only $68.00, 66% savings vs. factory) - $68.00
- 8GB (1 x 8GB) PC3-14900 Memory Module - $69.99
- 12GB (8GB + 4GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit - $99.00
- 16GB (2 x 8GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit (triples the standard memory to 24GB for only $134.00 for 33% less vs. factory 16GB) - $134.00
- 32GB (4 x 8GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit (offers 56% savings vs. factory installed 32GB option for the maximum installed memory) - $264.00
- 16GB (1 x 16GB) PC3-14900 Memory Module - $329.99
- 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit (Add to factory base 8GB for a total of 40GB of installed memory) - $599.00
- 48GB (2 x 16GB + 2 x 8GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit - $729.00
- 64GB (4 x 16GB) PC3-14900 Upgrade Kit - $1,195.00
To assist both existing and new model iMac owners in selecting the correct memory upgrade, OWC has created an easy to use guide that shows the correct memory type and options specific to each of the different iMac models. To view all available options and/or order OWC Memory Upgrade Kits for iMac models, visit http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/iMac.
"We work hard at OWC to anticipate the market and customer needs, and again we are able to offer the first memory upgrades for a new Mac," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "In addition to being the first-to-market, we are offering an upgrade that's not even available from the factory. We encourage buyers of the new iMac to purchase their system with the standard amount of memory, then upgrade it with OWC memory for higher performance at a lower cost than available from the factory."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit