Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd announces the PC-18 mid-tower chassis: designed to feel compact while fitting powerful air and water cooling options inside. The interior arranges the components along the inner wall, leaving the center of the case open for the custom-built swing-out fan bracket that improves cooling performance. Available in silver and black exteriors, this brushed aluminum build harkens back to classic Lian Li minimalism. The dual exterior facing drive bays and twin 120mm fans on the front give it an old school look. The crisp exterior is broken only by the hidden USB/HD audio ports, power button, the 140mm fan grill, and the custom side air intake grill.
The PC-18 has been designed to maximize airflow and cooling. Air is drawn in through the primary front grill. The porous mesh screen does not restrict airflow to the included pair of 120mm fans, keeping them clean and efficient in use. Combined with the included top 140mm fan, this case easily maintains positive air pressure and keeps all dust out. The side vent fans are the wild card; they give the flexibility to change the airflow depending on the build. Up to two additional 140mm or three 120mm fans can be installed in push or pull as needed. The bracket can also be used to mount a watercooling radiator. It can hold custom or all-in-one systems with up to 360 (3×120) radiators.
External Drive Bays for Case Front Accessories
The PC-18 can hold an unusual combination of drives. The top drive bay consists of two tool-less 5.25" drive bays for through-case access. This case is designed for users that need optical drive bays for devices such as audio controls, video capture ports, fan controllers, hot swap bays, bay mounted reservoirs or even optical drives that still require this type of mounting. Storage drives can be mounted on the removable, vibration dampened, and tool-less bay that holds three 3.5" drives and one 2.5" drive. If the bay is removed, two drives can be flat-mounted behind the motherboard tray.
Optimized Dimensions, Not too Big and Not Too Small
Despite being quite slim and neither too long nor too tall - measuring 210mm wide, 452mm high, and 490mm thick - the PC-18 can fit full ATX components inside. Both CPU coolers and PSU can be up to 160mm tall. VGA cards up to 285mm can fit alongside the drive cage, though removing the cage makes room for 410mm cards. The front fan mounts support two 120mm or one 240mm radiator, while the side mount can support larger systems up to 360mm.
Swing Out Fan Mount and So Much More
One of the main features of the PC-18 is the side-mounted fan tray. When the chassis is closed, the tray is held against the inner side panel with vents. When opened, the tray can then swing open on its front hinge. Simply pull up to open the hinge and remove the whole tray. Two thumbscrews secure the free-swinging side to prevent any accidental movement. The top panel hides two USB 3.0 ports and the HD audio ports behind a sliding door. The side panels use thumbscrews to open; the front panel is also removable.
Product Features of the PC-18
- Support for internal integrated water cooling up to 360 mm
- Swing-out internal fan or radiator bracket
- Dual external 5.25" drive bays
- Front mesh and 2x 120mm fans for airflow
- 140mm top-mounted fan
- Enhanced thermal flow options
- Accommodates VGA cards up to 285 mm long (410 mm with cage removed)
- Accommodates CPU coolers up to 160 mm tall
- Accommodates PSU up to 160 mm long
- Dimensions: 210 mm x 452 mm x 490 mm (WxHxD)
- MSRP: USD $149.9
- Availability: Coming soon
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit