Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd announces the PC-18 mid-tower chassis: designed to feel compact while fitting powerful air and water cooling options inside. The interior arranges the components along the inner wall, leaving the center of the case open for the custom-built swing-out fan bracket that improves cooling performance. Available in silver and black exteriors, this brushed aluminum build harkens back to classic Lian Li minimalism. The dual exterior facing drive bays and twin 120mm fans on the front give it an old school look. The crisp exterior is broken only by the hidden USB/HD audio ports, power button, the 140mm fan grill, and the custom side air intake grill.
The PC-18 has been designed to maximize airflow and cooling. Air is drawn in through the primary front grill. The porous mesh screen does not restrict airflow to the included pair of 120mm fans, keeping them clean and efficient in use. Combined with the included top 140mm fan, this case easily maintains positive air pressure and keeps all dust out. The side vent fans are the wild card; they give the flexibility to change the airflow depending on the build. Up to two additional 140mm or three 120mm fans can be installed in push or pull as needed. The bracket can also be used to mount a watercooling radiator. It can hold custom or all-in-one systems with up to 360 (3×120) radiators.
External Drive Bays for Case Front Accessories
The PC-18 can hold an unusual combination of drives. The top drive bay consists of two tool-less 5.25" drive bays for through-case access. This case is designed for users that need optical drive bays for devices such as audio controls, video capture ports, fan controllers, hot swap bays, bay mounted reservoirs or even optical drives that still require this type of mounting. Storage drives can be mounted on the removable, vibration dampened, and tool-less bay that holds three 3.5" drives and one 2.5" drive. If the bay is removed, two drives can be flat-mounted behind the motherboard tray.
Optimized Dimensions, Not too Big and Not Too Small
Despite being quite slim and neither too long nor too tall - measuring 210mm wide, 452mm high, and 490mm thick - the PC-18 can fit full ATX components inside. Both CPU coolers and PSU can be up to 160mm tall. VGA cards up to 285mm can fit alongside the drive cage, though removing the cage makes room for 410mm cards. The front fan mounts support two 120mm or one 240mm radiator, while the side mount can support larger systems up to 360mm.
Swing Out Fan Mount and So Much More
One of the main features of the PC-18 is the side-mounted fan tray. When the chassis is closed, the tray is held against the inner side panel with vents. When opened, the tray can then swing open on its front hinge. Simply pull up to open the hinge and remove the whole tray. Two thumbscrews secure the free-swinging side to prevent any accidental movement. The top panel hides two USB 3.0 ports and the HD audio ports behind a sliding door. The side panels use thumbscrews to open; the front panel is also removable.
Product Features of the PC-18
- Support for internal integrated water cooling up to 360 mm
- Swing-out internal fan or radiator bracket
- Dual external 5.25" drive bays
- Front mesh and 2x 120mm fans for airflow
- 140mm top-mounted fan
- Enhanced thermal flow options
- Accommodates VGA cards up to 285 mm long (410 mm with cage removed)
- Accommodates CPU coolers up to 160 mm tall
- Accommodates PSU up to 160 mm long
- Dimensions: 210 mm x 452 mm x 490 mm (WxHxD)
- MSRP: USD $149.9
- Availability: Coming soon
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam