OCZ Storage Solutions -- a Toshiba Group Company and provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced the introduction of Host Managed SSD (HMS) technology, first supported by the Saber 1000 Series SSDs. HMS technology enables host controls over internal SSD background processing tasks that were previously not exposed to host-level software. System-level software control of background processing tasks, such as Garbage Collection, enable improving overall storage performance, and specifically enable obtaining consistent and predictable latency across a large pool of SSDs.
Hyperscale, Cloud, and datacenters now run software defined storage applications which manage large pools of SSDs across multiple servers. Consistent performance of these SSDs is critical to many modern applications, such as modern data bases and online trading, that have migrated to the Cloud. Exposing HMS functions via API enables integration of HMS functions into the storage stacks.
"We have listened to our customers and they require not only high performance, but consistent high performance," said Oded Ilan, General Manager of OCZ's R&D Team in Israel. "Our new Saber HMS SSD, together with a software library and API, enable for the first time software orchestration of internal housekeeping tasks across large pools of SSDs, thus overcoming performance barriers that were simply not possible to address without this technology."
The HMS-enabled Saber 1000 SSDs are managed by software APIs which provide control over the HMS functionality within the Saber HMS SSD. OCZ is also providing a reference design and demonstration platform which demonstrates the functionality of Saber HMS, and enables benchmarking the HMS
system performance in real time. OCZ also provides a software library and a Programmer's Guide so HMS can be easily integrated into storage stacks of storage OEMs or software defined storage applications.
The Saber 1000 SATA Series is OCZ's first product to support HMS controls and includes usable capacities of 480GB and 960GB in a 2.5" x 7mm enclosure. Designed for cost-sensitive, read-intensive, large-scale deployments, Saber 1000 HMS delivers the consistent performance datacenters require, at a price point that enables superior ROI. With an ever-increasing focus on higher performance and lower cost, OCZ views HMS as the next evolution in storage systems design.
More information on Saber 1000 HMS, as well as OCZ's complete enterprise SSD portfolio is available at https://www.ocz.com/enterprise.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch