Synology Inc. today announced the release of DiskStation DS416 and DS216play, NAS servers designed for optimized task processing. While DS416 is equipped with a powerful hardware encryption engine, DS216play can transcode 4K video on-the-fly.
"Synology aims to provide high-value storage solution to home and business users. DS416 has been designed to provide an all-in-one NAS server optimized for encryption, making it an affordable server for sensitive data transmission. DS216play, thanks to its powerful 4K transcoding capabilities, is a high-value NAS server for home users," said Jonathan Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
DS416, feature-rich and high-performance NAS server optimized for businesses and homes
Addressing the growing needs for efficient and encrypted storage, DS416 provides an ideal solution for SMB and home users looking for ample storage without crippling their IT budget. Featuring a powerful 1.40 GHz dual-core CPU with a dedicated hardware encryption engine, 1 GB RAM and two LAN ports, DS416 is able to reach transfer speed of 221.05 MB/s reading speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and over 139.51 MB/s writing. DS416 delivers fast encrypted data transmission speeds of up to 146.5 MB/s reading and 65.85 MB/s writing.
For convenient backup and transfer, DS416 has three USB 3.0 ports, including one on the front panel, guaranteeing quick access and data transmission. The disk trays benefit from Synology tool-less design and are hot swappable. Associated with network, fan, and drive redundancies, these hardware designs guarantee a superior uptime and a better overall reliability.
DS216play, multimedia-optimized, high-value NAS server ready for 4K UHD transcoding
DS216play features real-time 1080p H.264 and 4K h.265 Ultra HD video transcoding capabilities, allowing you to stream 4K digital TV and movies to digital media players, mobile handsets, and computers, without having to install a 3rd party video player.
Equipped with a 1.50 GHz dual-core CPU and 1 GB RAM, DS216play delivers an average of 107 MB/sec reading and 91 MB/sec writing speeds under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment. The built-in floating point unit further enhances the user experience for multimedia enjoyment and thumbnail generation. The DS216play energy efficient design consumes only 15 watts in access and 6.8 watts during disk hibernation.
DS416 and DS216play run on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.2, which provides rich features to boost users' productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. Synology was honored, twice in a row, with PC Mag Business Choice Award and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, overall satisfaction, value, and likelihood to recommend.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ