Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL)- a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from storage to Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment, in-home content delivery and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle"- today announced its continued collaboration with Google in enabling Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus (88DE3006) and advanced Avastar 88W8887 solutions. Continuing its long relationship with Google, Marvell raises the bar yet again in providing industry leading multi-media and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connectivity solutions that are designed to provide instantaneous and seamless access to cloud-based content and delivers a multi-screen HD experience across Smart mobile devices, laptops and Smart TVs, transforming any big screen into a Smart and immersive entertainment device. Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a low power, cost effective solution that has 2.5 times the CPU performance of the previous generation ARMADA 1500-mini solution (88DE3005).
"I am very excited to see the successful launch of Google's Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio. This is another great milestone in our long relationship with Google, and together we are proud to be at the forefront of innovating Smart devices that better peoples' lives," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder at Marvell. "I would like to thank Google and our global team of talented engineers for their hard work and outstanding collaboration in developing advanced technology that power today's smart devices."
The industry-leading ARMADA1500 Mini Plus and advanced Avastar 88W8887 highlight the flexibility to support a variety of devices, including Smart TVs, over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STB) and other OTT platforms and TV dongles. The ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 multi-screen solution designed to enable high quality audio, video, and graphics capabilities, while being extremely energy efficient. Optimized to support 1080p HD content, it has a high security grade that enables multiple DRM solutions such as Verimatrix, Widevine and Playready. Combined with the Avastar 88W8887, the ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus provides an easy set up and plugs straight into a TV HDMI port. The Avastar 88W8887 simultaneously supports 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy and enables proximity-based applications, allowing Smart devices to communicate with each other.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam