Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL)- a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from storage to Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment, in-home content delivery and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle"- today announced its continued collaboration with Google in enabling Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus (88DE3006) and advanced Avastar 88W8887 solutions. Continuing its long relationship with Google, Marvell raises the bar yet again in providing industry leading multi-media and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connectivity solutions that are designed to provide instantaneous and seamless access to cloud-based content and delivers a multi-screen HD experience across Smart mobile devices, laptops and Smart TVs, transforming any big screen into a Smart and immersive entertainment device. Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a low power, cost effective solution that has 2.5 times the CPU performance of the previous generation ARMADA 1500-mini solution (88DE3005).
"I am very excited to see the successful launch of Google's Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio. This is another great milestone in our long relationship with Google, and together we are proud to be at the forefront of innovating Smart devices that better peoples' lives," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder at Marvell. "I would like to thank Google and our global team of talented engineers for their hard work and outstanding collaboration in developing advanced technology that power today's smart devices."
The industry-leading ARMADA1500 Mini Plus and advanced Avastar 88W8887 highlight the flexibility to support a variety of devices, including Smart TVs, over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STB) and other OTT platforms and TV dongles. The ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 multi-screen solution designed to enable high quality audio, video, and graphics capabilities, while being extremely energy efficient. Optimized to support 1080p HD content, it has a high security grade that enables multiple DRM solutions such as Verimatrix, Widevine and Playready. Combined with the Avastar 88W8887, the ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus provides an easy set up and plugs straight into a TV HDMI port. The Avastar 88W8887 simultaneously supports 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy and enables proximity-based applications, allowing Smart devices to communicate with each other.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- ASRock begins teasing its Phantom Gaming graphics cards
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- 10 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $6,870
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit