Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL)- a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from storage to Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment, in-home content delivery and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle"- today announced its continued collaboration with Google in enabling Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio powered by Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus (88DE3006) and advanced Avastar 88W8887 solutions. Continuing its long relationship with Google, Marvell raises the bar yet again in providing industry leading multi-media and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connectivity solutions that are designed to provide instantaneous and seamless access to cloud-based content and delivers a multi-screen HD experience across Smart mobile devices, laptops and Smart TVs, transforming any big screen into a Smart and immersive entertainment device. Marvell's ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a low power, cost effective solution that has 2.5 times the CPU performance of the previous generation ARMADA 1500-mini solution (88DE3005).
"I am very excited to see the successful launch of Google's Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio. This is another great milestone in our long relationship with Google, and together we are proud to be at the forefront of innovating Smart devices that better peoples' lives," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder at Marvell. "I would like to thank Google and our global team of talented engineers for their hard work and outstanding collaboration in developing advanced technology that power today's smart devices."
The industry-leading ARMADA1500 Mini Plus and advanced Avastar 88W8887 highlight the flexibility to support a variety of devices, including Smart TVs, over-the-top (OTT) set-top boxes (STB) and other OTT platforms and TV dongles. The ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus is a dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 multi-screen solution designed to enable high quality audio, video, and graphics capabilities, while being extremely energy efficient. Optimized to support 1080p HD content, it has a high security grade that enables multiple DRM solutions such as Verimatrix, Widevine and Playready. Combined with the Avastar 88W8887, the ARMADA 1500 Mini Plus provides an easy set up and plugs straight into a TV HDMI port. The Avastar 88W8887 simultaneously supports 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy and enables proximity-based applications, allowing Smart devices to communicate with each other.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- Marvel writer hired for Netflix's Witcher show
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series