The demand for increasingly small, but high-performance PC solutions has now been met by four versions of Shuttle's NC01U model. These 29 mm slim barebones are based on the latest Broadwell generation of Intel processors. In order to cover as many areas of application as possible, they come with a selection of soldered processors ranging from Celeron, Core i3, Core i5 to even Core i7.
Their array of connectivity options helps them stand out from the crowd of NUC form factor machines. The NC01U features a Mini-DisplayPort, HDMI, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, audio, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, RS-232 and an M.2 slot. A replaceable wireless combo module for WLAN (802.11ac) and Bluetooth connectivity also comes already fitted. The case can accommodate one 2.5" drive (SSD or HDD). The two USB 3.0 ports on the front enable rapid charging of mobile devices. Each of the NC01U models can hold up to 16 GB of DDR3L SO-DIMM memory.
All NC01U machines with an Intel Core processor are capable of fluent playback of 4K Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160) content. The image signal is then transmitted at 60 Hz via Mini-DisplayPort or at 30 Hz via HDMI.
Another special feature of these low-energy barebones is the external PCI-Express slot on the bottom. This can be used to connect future external expansion kits such as dedicated AMD and NVIDIA video cards, an additional 2.5" drive, network interface or further USB and serial interfaces. Further details will be unveiled in the near future.
The NC01U has a whisper-quiet heat pipe cooling system and measures just 141 x 141 x 29 mm (DWH). Thanks to the supplied VESA mount, all versions can be fitted to any surface and to compatible monitors so they virtually disappear from the desktop.
Shuttle XPC nano NC01U with Intel Celeron 3205U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U3 with Intel Core i3-5005U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U5 with Intel Core i5-5200U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U7 with Intel Core i7-5500U.
Shuttle's recommended retail price for the NC01U barebone is 140.00 Euro, for the NC01U3 314.00 Euro, for the NC01U5 388.00 EUR and for the NC01U7 520.00 Euro (all ex VAT). Upon launch, all specified models were available from specialist retailers across Europe, apart from the NC01U7 which should be available from the end of October.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit