The demand for increasingly small, but high-performance PC solutions has now been met by four versions of Shuttle's NC01U model. These 29 mm slim barebones are based on the latest Broadwell generation of Intel processors. In order to cover as many areas of application as possible, they come with a selection of soldered processors ranging from Celeron, Core i3, Core i5 to even Core i7.
Their array of connectivity options helps them stand out from the crowd of NUC form factor machines. The NC01U features a Mini-DisplayPort, HDMI, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, audio, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, RS-232 and an M.2 slot. A replaceable wireless combo module for WLAN (802.11ac) and Bluetooth connectivity also comes already fitted. The case can accommodate one 2.5" drive (SSD or HDD). The two USB 3.0 ports on the front enable rapid charging of mobile devices. Each of the NC01U models can hold up to 16 GB of DDR3L SO-DIMM memory.
All NC01U machines with an Intel Core processor are capable of fluent playback of 4K Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160) content. The image signal is then transmitted at 60 Hz via Mini-DisplayPort or at 30 Hz via HDMI.
Another special feature of these low-energy barebones is the external PCI-Express slot on the bottom. This can be used to connect future external expansion kits such as dedicated AMD and NVIDIA video cards, an additional 2.5" drive, network interface or further USB and serial interfaces. Further details will be unveiled in the near future.
The NC01U has a whisper-quiet heat pipe cooling system and measures just 141 x 141 x 29 mm (DWH). Thanks to the supplied VESA mount, all versions can be fitted to any surface and to compatible monitors so they virtually disappear from the desktop.
Shuttle XPC nano NC01U with Intel Celeron 3205U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U3 with Intel Core i3-5005U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U5 with Intel Core i5-5200U Shuttle XPC nano NC01U7 with Intel Core i7-5500U.
Shuttle's recommended retail price for the NC01U barebone is 140.00 Euro, for the NC01U3 314.00 Euro, for the NC01U5 388.00 EUR and for the NC01U7 520.00 Euro (all ex VAT). Upon launch, all specified models were available from specialist retailers across Europe, apart from the NC01U7 which should be available from the end of October.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes