AMD today introduced its most powerful line of AMD PRO A-Series mobile and desktop processors (formerly codenamed "Carrizo PRO" and "Godavari PRO") to deliver exceptional value and performance for today's challenging workloads. The new line of AMD PRO A-Series processors offer enhanced performance, reliability and opportunity to business users and IT decision makers and are designed for the future with Microsoft Windows 10. With its AMD PRO mobile processors, AMD powers some of the first-to-market Windows 10-enabled commercial notebook systems for those looking to upgrade.
"The innovative architecture of new AMD PRO processors delivers compelling performance to stay ahead of the evolving demands of business today," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, computing and graphics, AMD. "Going PRO with AMD means unmatched dependability with platform stability, processor longevity and an opportunity for richer system configurations. AMD gives its customers choice and affordability to meet specific business needs, without compromising the ability to manage and maintain a secure, stable, and reliable environment."
For small and medium businesses without implemented management tools, AMD is introducing the AMD PRO Control Center, a one stop shop for intuitive system configuration. The new AMD PRO Control Center enables small and medium businesses to quickly and easily manage the power of AMD systems in the workplace. It includes key features, such as an AMD Energy Saver, PC Health Center, USB Blocker and Wireless Display.
AMD PRO Mobile Processors featuring the New AMD PRO A12 APU
The AMD PRO A-Series mobile processors offer a breakthrough APU architecture with long battery life, power and efficiency optimized to meet the evolving needs of enterprise computing and collaboration. The mobile AMD PRO processers are engineered for today's on-the-go, unplugged workforce with mobile-ready features, built-in security and manageability that drive nonstop productivity and peace of mind.
AMD is also introducing a new AMD PRO A12 processor, the fastest AMD PRO notebook processor with 3.4GHz CPU max frequency. It's the first AMD PRO mobile processor with 12 compute cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) and the only AMD PRO mobile processor with Radeon R7 graphics, now up to 800 MHz GPU max Clock and 512 stream processors. With this level of extreme compute power, AMD is set to deliver enhanced performance with its AMD PRO A12 processor.
Key features of the new AMD PRO mobile processor include:
- First commercial processor in the industry designed to be compliant with the Heterogeneous Systems Architecture (HSA) 1.0 specification to make programming accelerators such as the GPU far simpler, leading to greater application performance at low power consumption.
- First ARM TrustZone capable commercial performance APU with a dedicated AMD Secure Processor. ARM TrustZone runs on top of the hardware enabling sensitive tasks to run on the AMD Secure Processor -- in the "secure world" -- while other tasks are run in "standard operation."
- First commercial performance APU with a true System-on-Chip (SoC) design to provide substantial gains in CPU, graphics and multimedia performance.
- First commercial processor with High-Efficiency Video Compression (HEVC) decoder capability for mainstream notebooks to stream HD and Ultra HD content.
"As the industry embraces changes to the workforce, work styles and workplaces, AMD is a critical technology partner for us in developing solutions that can power the modern business," said Alex Cho, vice president and general manager, commercial PCs, printing and personal systems group, HP. "AMD PRO on HP devices gives customers a new commercial-grade processor with the performance to support the changing needs of their business, and we are excited to exclusively offer this processor on our newest line of Elite PCs."
The AMD PRO A-Series mobile processors are available today through online resellers and are currently offered on HP EliteBook 705 series, including HP EliteBook 725, 745 and 755 series.
AMD PRO Desktop Processors
The AMD PRO A-Series desktop processors offer an aggressive price with enhanced performance, socket compatibility for easy upgrades and an opportunity for richer configurations. The desktop AMD PRO processors also solve for today's graphics-intensive workloads by including award-winning AMD Radeon graphics. With support for AMD Quick Stream PRO, the new AMD PRO desktop processors virtually eliminate the lag in latency-sensitive applications like VoIP and streaming video. AMD Quick Stream PRO uses built-in intelligence to identify and allot more bandwidth for businesses' highest priority applications.
"Delivering a no-compromise IT deployment experience has always been a top priority for us at Lenovo," said Jun Ouyang, vice president and general manager, desktop & visuals business unit, Lenovo. "By collaborating with AMD, our built-with-purpose ThinkCentre desktops are better equipped to deliver great value without sacrificing performance or manageability."
The AMD PRO A-Series desktop processors are available today through online resellers and are currently offered on Lenovo M79 Tower, HP EliteDesk 705 Micro Tower PCs and Small Form Factor PCs from both HP and Lenovo.
For more information, visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz