US$3mil Valve major will play out in November featuring sixteen of the world's best teams
The first of the Valve Majors will be presented to the Dota community by ESL in what is Frankfurt, Germany's iconic Festhalle from November 16-21. Sixteen of the best Dota 2 teams will battle it out for US$3 million in prize money, with the group stage of the competition to be played out offline in Frankfurt in the week leading up to The Frankfurt Major.
"We are honoured to have been given the chance to bring the first official Dota 2 Valve Major to life," said Ulrich Schulze, Vice President of Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're excited to be heading back to Frankfurt for a second time this year, for what is sure to become a legendary piece of Dota esports history."
Attendance to the Frankfurt Major will be open to the public: only the day of the finals, Saturday November 21, will require a ticket. Finals day tickets will be sold in two separate waves (please see below for dates) and will be priced at €50.
A few important dates moving forward:
- September 27: tickets go on sale
First wave begins: 11:00AM CEST
Second wave begins: 7:00PM CEST
- October 1: open qualifier registration
- October 5: invited teams made public
- October 6-9: open qualifiers take place
- October 10-13: regional qualifiers take place
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard