Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the successor to its award-winning Chromebook 2. Now available with a 5th Gen Intel Core i3 or Celeron processor and up to 4GB of RAM, these two new models deliver better performance for loading content-rich webpages quickly, providing brilliant video playback and effortless multitasking. Both models come with an all-new LED backlit keyboard for a more seamless experience when web browsing, watching movies, listening to music and getting work done, even in low light environments.
"As more people use Chromebooks for productivity and rely more often on the web for content creation and entertainment, devices need to be better equipped for these higher processing demands and built with hardware features that optimize Chrome OS," said Philip Osako, senior director of product marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "With the launch of our latest Chromebook 2 models, Toshiba delivers brilliant performance for an outstanding experience on and off the web with entertainment-inspired hardware features that make the most of Chrome OS and enable customers to get things done faster wherever their Chromebook 2 takes them."
The Toshiba Chromebook 2 features a brilliant 13.3-inch diagonal Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with IPS technology that delivers sharpened color reproduction and accuracy, plus wider, more accurate viewing capabilities. Engineered to fit a 13.3-inch display in a 12-inch body and lightweight at just 2.9 pounds, the new Chromebook 2 comes packed with features without sacrificing portability or design. In addition, the device delivers a superior entertainment experience with strategically placed front-facing stereo speakers tuned to bring quality and attitude by the audio experts at Skullcandy, a leading audio headphone provider and lifestyle brand. On-board dual array microphones and an HD webcam are also included to enable rich video chats.
With an 8.5-hour battery life rating on both models, customers will be able to do more multitasking throughout the day, whether they are in the classroom, at the office or at home. These devices also come equipped with ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi and a range of ports, including one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, HDMI output, SD Card slot and a security lock slot. Plus, customers can enjoy 100GB of Google Drive Storage4, 90-days of free unlimited music streaming on Google Play, 12 in-air passes for Gogo Internet and more - all included with the device.
Pricing and Availability
The new Toshiba Chromebook 2 will be available for purchase starting in October 2015 at major retailers, e-tailers and on toshiba.com/us, for $329.99 MSRP5 for Intel Celeron model and $429.99 MSRP for the Intel Core i3 model.
For more information, visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!