ICY DOCK introduces the ToughArmor EX MB492SKL-B dual-2.5" mobile rack. The ICY DOCK ToughArmor EX MB492SKL-B dual bay 2.5" mobile rack is built specifically for industrial small form factor systems that require exceptional drive security. It uses heavy duty metal construction, which is considered to comply with flammability requirements and is capable to withstand the harshest environments. The metal key lock prevents unauthorized access your important drives and the thumb screw lock adds extra protection from impact, and reduces drive tray vibration which increases drive stability during transportation. Our removable drive tray allows interchangeability of data between multiple systems.
The ICY DOCK MB492SKL-B supports both SAS and SATA hard drives/SSDs at 6Gbps and is backwards compatible to 3 Gbps drives and hosts. The MB492SKL-B fits two drives in a single 3.5" front bay making it the perfect storage device for enterprise small form factor applications. It maximizes space in industrial small PCs, surveillance, embedded systems, automation systems, aerospace systems and mobile DVR systems.
The removable drive tray design supports hot-swap and makes maintenance completely hassle free which is extremely beneficial in the case of a hard drive failure. It reduces overall down time which is precious for time sensitive applications. The trays are also designed to accommodate 7 to 9.5mm height hard drive and SSD, creating dual 2.5" hot swap bays for any standard SATA/SAS hard drives and SSDs.
The metal key lock on the tray prevents unauthorized access your drive. The unique thumb screw locks the metal tray into the device to minimize the drive tray vibration, and to prevent accidental drive tray ejection providing the ultimate protection for your hard drives or solid-state drives.
The ToughArmor EX MB492SKL-B is an ideal mobile rack for RAID configurations for systems that require higher drive security and have limited space to work with such as mobile systems and embedded systems.
The front of the ToughArmor EX includes a status LED when the drive is powered on, off and being accessed. Active Power Technology (APT) allows the status LED to be on only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. We have also included drive ID plugs so user with multiple MB492SKL-B units in their system can give each drive tray a unique ID number.
Ensuring the material used can be relied upon for many years after its deployment, the MB492SKL-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with heavy duty metal construction throughout the entire device. The ToughArmor EX's full metal design is perfect for industrial devices that may require a flammability rating since all-metal already complies with flammability requirements. Because of the high build quality, it can be used in various enterprise systems including: military and law enforcement deployment. It can also be used in manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems such as: military and law enforcement deployment.
- Low profile design for small form factor applications such as industrial small PCs, surveillance, embedded systems, automation systems, aerospace systems and mobile DVR systems
- Fits two drives in a single 3.5" front device bay which is perfect for RAID configurations
- Dual Lock Design - Metal key lock (for drive security) and thumb screw lock (for impact/vibration)
- Removable drive tray design allows easy maintenance and fully supports SATA hot-swap
- Unique drive ID plugs for drive trays are included (#1 - #8)
- Fits 2 x 7mm to 9.5mm height 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD in a 3.5" floppy drive bay
- Supports SAS or SATA HDD/SSD at 6Gbps and is backwards compatible with SATA 3Gbps drives and hosts (SAS host is required for SAS drives)
- Heavy Duty Full Metal construction --perfect for enterprise applications
- Multi-Flow Technology - provides excellent passive cooling
- Anti-Vibration Technology - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay
- EMI Grounding - protects hard drives from electrical damage
- Locking latch for both SATA 7 pin data port and SATA 15 pin power port
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit