Hi-Rez Studios has released SMITE, the mythology-themed, free-to-play action MOBA, on Steam for PC systems. SMITE has developed a community of over 10 million players since it launched through its own proprietary service on PC last year. This new venture will advance the company's ongoing efforts to make the title more accessible to a broader array of gamers.
"The time is right for SMITE on Steam," said Todd Harris, co-founder and COO of Hi-Rez Studios. "The platform has evolved to include more quality free-to-play titles and, most importantly, better ways for users to discover them. Now is the best time yet to see what SMITE is all about, and we're excited to make it even easier for the more than 125 million active users worldwide who call Steam home to dive in for free."
SMITE on Steam supports seamless server integration with the game's original PC infrastructure, allowing both communities to queue and play together simultaneously. Existing SMITE PC users who wish to play the game on Steam can do so by simply installing SMITE from within Steam and logging into the game with their Hi-Rez account, with no account migration required.
One of the world's top eSports franchises, SMITE blends the team-based tactics of traditional MOBAs with a thrilling third-person perspective that emphasizes expert skill shots and pulls players right into the action. It features a rich and constantly growing pantheon of playable gods, as well as a variety of gameplay modes with which to do battle. SMITE recently launched as the first MOBA on Xbox One, with over one million players downloading the game during its beta phase.
To welcome the Steam community to the arena, SMITE's Ultimate God Pack, which unlocks all current and future gods in the game (69 so far), is on sale for $19.99 (USD) from now until Sept. 13.
SMITE's second season of competitive play is already well underway, leading up to the SMITE World Championship presented by Xbox One from Jan.7-10. For the latest news and updates from SMITE, please visit https://www.SmiteGame.com, and follow the community on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard