QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the world's first Thunderbolt 2 Turbo vNAS TVS-871T that features 20Gbps bandwidth, 4K video capable Thunderbolt 2, and compatibility with the Thunderbolt-ready storage expansion enclosures TX-500P and TX-800P. With the high transfer speed of DAS and the convenient accessibility of NAS, the TVS-871T is an extremely flexible and efficient storage solution for creative media professionals looking to streamline large 4K video and design workflows.
"The TVS-871T tackles the most common bottleneck for 4K workflows: I/O speed and storage." said David Tsao, product manager of QNAP. "It provides unmatched performance for high-resolution file storage and I/O-intensive tasks to increase working productivity focusing more on 4K or 3D workflows."
Powered by a high-performance Intel Haswell processor with options including Core i5 and Core i7, the 8-bay TVS-871T not only features Thunderbolt 2 technology but also has dual 10GbE ports giving incredible flexibility to deliver incredible performance. It can simultaneously run general Ethernet services in addition to the Thunderbolt 2 network, completely independently and with no bandwidth interference. With dual Thunderbolt 2 ports available, users can flexibly arrange their workstation connections with the TVS-871T and its storage expansion enclosures based on their needs to enjoy high accessibility, optimal collaboration, and seamless expansion.
"Most current Thunderbolt DAS users are frustrated with being unable to share large amount of files quickly to increase productivity. The TVS-871T Thunderbolt 2 Turbo vNAS perfectly integrates the high-speed storage of Thunderbolt DAS and flexible file sharing of 10GbE networks, completely solving the obstacles faced by conventional Thunderbolt DAS users," added Tsao.
Users can also easily expand the TVS-871T's storage capacity up to 448 TB by attaching a maximum of 6 QNAP expansion enclosures (TX-500P and TX-800P). "The scalable Thunderbolt NAS completely fulfills storage-intensive applications, providing an ideal storage solution ready for high-resolution raw files," said Tsao.
The TVS-871T is a perfect match for Thunderbolt 2-capable Macs. Up to 2 Mac workstations can connect to a TVS-871T to process real-time video editing simultaneously. Mac users can effortlessly back up Mac data to the TVS-871T with Apple Time Machine. Assisting in creative workflows, the TVS-871T delivers powerful and stable throughput for real-time non-linear video editing, and also allows multi-track video editing with the lowest latency. Users can connect a 4K display to the TVS-871T via HDMI to directly play 4K videos, and organize videos with the Video Station.
Featuring the latest QTS 4.2 operating system, the TVS-871T performs as an easy-to-use yet powerful NAS for file storage, backup, sharing & synchronization. With QvPC technology, users can simply connect a keyboard, mouse and HDMI display for using the TVS-871T as a cost-effective PC substitute, directly accessing stored data, running multiple VMs, surfing the web, enjoying 4K videos with Kodi, monitoring surveillance live feeds from IP cameras, and much more. The built-in App Center provides various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers, adding even more value to the TVS-871T and providing near-unlimited functionality for users.
Thunderbolt 2 Turbo vNAS
- TVS-871T-i7-16G: Intel Core i7-4790S 3.2 GHz quad-core processor and 16GB DDR3 RAM
- TVS-871T-i5-16G: Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0 GHz quad-core processor and 16GB DDR3 RAM
8-bay tower model, AES-NI hardware encryption engine; hot-swappable 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s HDD or SSD; 2 x Thunderbolt 2 high-speed ports, 3 x USB 3.0; 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet port (10GBased-T), 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet port; 1 x HDMI port
Thunderbolt 2 NAS expansion enclosures
- TX-800P: 8-bay tower unit
- TX-500P: 5-bay tower unit
Hot-swappable 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s,3Gb/s HDD; 2 x Thunderbolt 2 high-speed ports.
The new Thunderbolt 2 Turbo vNAS TVS-871T and its storage expansion enclosures TX-500P and TX-800P are now available.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz