SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the first SSD upgrade service with live video support. The SanDisk® SSD Concierge Service offers full support for SanDisk solid state drive (SSD) installations1 and is designed to simplify upgrades for consumers of all technical backgrounds.
"Many customers understand the benefits an SSD can bring to an aging laptop but they also feel anxious about performing an upgrade by themselves," said Philippe Willams, director of product marketing, SanDisk. "The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service's step-by-step live support will give consumers the confidence to install an SSD and enjoy the benefits of speed, performance and reliability."
Upgrading an aging laptop with an SSD can greatly improve performance and is more cost effective than purchasing a new one. With advanced flash memory storage and significantly faster speeds, SSDs outpace traditional hard-disk drives (HDDs) in every performance category2. In addition, SSDs run cooler, create less noise, and use less power, which helps extend laptop battery life, and reduce the strain on limited system resources.
Through the SanDisk SSD Concierge Service, consumers will have all of the tools required to upgrade their laptop successfully. This includes the hardware and software necessary to migrate data as well as install the new SSD3. Once data has been successfully migrated, consumers will have the ability to schedule a video conference via mobile device with a SanDisk technician, who will walk them through the final steps of removing the existing storage device and installing their new SSD. The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service will support all SanDisk consumer SSDs.
Pricing and Availability
The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service is available through Amazon and TigerDirect at $39.99 1.
1 SSD not included; sold separately.
2 As compared to 7200 PRM SATA 2.5" hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking.
3 For use with SanDisk SSDs and Windows® 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems only. Back up all your data to a separate storage source before receiving the service.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit