SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the first SSD upgrade service with live video support. The SanDisk® SSD Concierge Service offers full support for SanDisk solid state drive (SSD) installations1 and is designed to simplify upgrades for consumers of all technical backgrounds.
"Many customers understand the benefits an SSD can bring to an aging laptop but they also feel anxious about performing an upgrade by themselves," said Philippe Willams, director of product marketing, SanDisk. "The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service's step-by-step live support will give consumers the confidence to install an SSD and enjoy the benefits of speed, performance and reliability."
Upgrading an aging laptop with an SSD can greatly improve performance and is more cost effective than purchasing a new one. With advanced flash memory storage and significantly faster speeds, SSDs outpace traditional hard-disk drives (HDDs) in every performance category2. In addition, SSDs run cooler, create less noise, and use less power, which helps extend laptop battery life, and reduce the strain on limited system resources.
Through the SanDisk SSD Concierge Service, consumers will have all of the tools required to upgrade their laptop successfully. This includes the hardware and software necessary to migrate data as well as install the new SSD3. Once data has been successfully migrated, consumers will have the ability to schedule a video conference via mobile device with a SanDisk technician, who will walk them through the final steps of removing the existing storage device and installing their new SSD. The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service will support all SanDisk consumer SSDs.
Pricing and Availability
The SanDisk SSD Concierge Service is available through Amazon and TigerDirect at $39.99 1.
1 SSD not included; sold separately.
2 As compared to 7200 PRM SATA 2.5" hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking.
3 For use with SanDisk SSDs and Windows® 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems only. Back up all your data to a separate storage source before receiving the service.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 gets Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue as DLC
- Agony spin-off title 'Succubus' gets raunchy selfie trailer
- Apex Legends has damageable dragons, incoming world event?
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night releases out of nowhere
- Nintendo Switch Mini accessories leaked by Chinese company
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Pinball wizards rejoice! Marvelous Europe adds a juicy twist to the pinball game format in SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball
- Dark Quest 2 Now Available on iOS and Android
- Novigrad is GWENT's second expansion. Pre-order offer now available!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - World Tour Returns For A Second Round in 2019/2020
- Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One