Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid-state storage devices, today announced it will be presenting at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA from August 11th to 13th and will be showcasing an array of SSD solutions at booth #313, including the award winning SM2246EN SATA 6Gb/s SSD solutions, the new products using SM2256, the world's first turnkey SSD controller supporting TLC NAND and the new SM2260 PCIe 3.0 SSD controller.
Products showcasing at Silicon Motion's Flash Memory Summit booth include:
PCIe 3.0 NVMe 1.2 SSD Controller- SM2260
The SM2260 is the first turnkey merchant PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) 1.2 solid-state drive (SSD) controller solution supporting MLC, TLC and 3D NAND. The SM2260 delivers PCIe-level performance with low power consumption and features four 8 gigabit-per-second (Gbps) lanes (PCIe Gen 3.0 x4) of simultaneous data flow coupled with eight NAND channels. It is designed with fourth-generation NANDXtend technology, enabling the SM2260 to support 1y/1z nm TLC NAND as well as the upcoming 3D NAND technologies from all major NAND suppliers. The SM2260 solution optimizes hardware and software to take full advantage of the NVMe 1.2 SSD standard, offering high performance and reliability while delivering more cost-effective PCIe SSDs for computing systems, ultra-portables and tablets.
TLC SSD Controller- SM2256
The SM2256 is the world's first and only turnkey merchant SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller solution supporting 1y/1z nm TLC NAND and the upcoming 3D NAND from all major NAND suppliers. Leveraging Silicon Motion's proprietary NANDXtend error-correcting code (ECC) technology (which triples the P/E cycles for TLC NAND), the SM2256 delivers unparalleled, no-compromise performance, endurance and reliability for cost-effective, TLC-based SSDs.
MLC SSD Controllers- SM2246EN and SM2246XT
The SM2246EN is an ultra high-performance and low power SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller supporting 1y/1z nm MLC NAND from all major NAND suppliers. The SM2246EN's performance and power consumption specifications place it squarely among the top SATA SSD controllers on the market. The SM2246XT is a DRAM-less SATA 6Gb/s SSD controller ideally suited for cost-effective, small form factor and low power client SSDs and industrial storage solutions. Combined, the SM2246EN and SM2246XT controllers power more than 70 SSDs available in the market today.
Industrial Grade Single Package SSD and eMMC Solutions- FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC
The FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC are optimally designed for a wide range of embedded applications, such as server, thin client, POS, office automation, HMI devices, factory automation, gaming, medical equipment, surveillance and in-vehicle infotainment systems. FerriSSD and Ferri-eMMC come with advanced firmware features including error correction, bad block management and NAND health monitoring, while supporting customized firmware, enabling highly reliable and differentiated storage solutions.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz