ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high performance DRAM modules and NAND flash products, today launched the Premier SP550 SSD, which uses triple-level cell (TLC) architecture to offer an affordable SSD without compromising performance. The Premier SP550 is the first ADATA drive to include the Silicon Motion (SMI) SM2256 controller, which uses NANDXtend technology to help ADATA implement SSD technologies such as data shaping, LDPC ECC, and a RAID engine for enhanced data protection, stability, and reliability. SLC caching technology has been implemented to boost performance.
"The launch of ADATA's Premier SP550 SSD with our SM2256 client controller represents a milestone in SSD adoption," said Nelson Duann, Silicon Motion's Vice President of Product Marketing. "TLC-based SSDs significantly improve the affordability of high performance, low power SSDs."
"Our Premier SP550 SSD integrates superior TLC NAND carefully selected and refined with ADATA quality assurance to deliver leading performance, data reliability, and endurance. It provides customers a clear choice for the best storage experience," said Kevin Chen, Vice President of ADATA.
Ideal as a Cost-Effective, High Performance Upgrade
The Premier SP550 uses TLC flash and the latest SMI controller as a great upgrade solution with a superior cost-performance ratio. Compared to other SSDs, it features outstanding durability, as indicated by higher total bytes written (TBW) ratings, which mean the number of times a drive can write a specified capacity in one lifespan. While a TLC SSD, the Premier SP550 employs SLC caching for faster read/write performance when needed. It further supports SATA DevSlp (device sleep) low power mode to reduce electricity costs and provide longer notebook battery life.
Increased Data Protection with Comprehensive Backup and Management
With low-density parity check error correction, or LDPC ECC, data errors are minimized and SSD life is extended. Smart data shaping also maintains consistent operation and prevents NAND flash wear by evenly distributing drive loads, while a RAID engine boosts data reliability. Bundled software includes Acronis True Image HD, which enables quick data migration to new systems. ADATA Toolbox software includes utilities to monitor and manage the SSD, with drive status, wear level, and lifespan info.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit