Nokia today announced that it is changing its stock symbol (trading code) on Nasdaq Helsinki to NOKIA, effective at the start of trading on Monday, August 10, 2015. The previous stock symbol for Nokia's shares on Nasdaq Helsinki was NOK1V. Nokia will also change its trading code for its New Shares 2015 from NOK1VM0115 to NOKIAM0115 on Nasdaq Helsinki's INET trading system. Nokia's American Depository Shares will continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol NOK.
This stock symbol change recognizes Nokia's 150th anniversary in 2015. After trading on the Helsinki Stock Exchange for 100 years, we are pleased to change the stock symbol to NOKIA as we celebrate our remarkable history and continue to transform the company to realize the potential of the Programmable World.
The Nokia of today is the result of two major transformations carried out in recent years: the purchase of Siemens' share of what was then Nokia Siemens Networks in 2013, followed by the sale of substantially all of the Devices & Services business to Microsoft in 2014.
What has emerged is a strong, global technology company focused on a world where almost all people and billions of devices - 50 billion or more by 2025 - are connected. It is from this foundation of strength that Nokia has taken the next steps in its transformation process. On April 15, 2015, Nokia announced the proposed combination with Alcatel-Lucent to create an innovation leader in next generation technology and services for an IP connected world. This was followed by Nokia's announcement on August 3, 2015, of the proposed sale of its HERE business to an automotive industry consortium. Going forward, Nokia will focus on completing the planned combination with Alcatel-Lucent and developing its industry-leading Networks business and licensing and innovation engine Nokia Technologies.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U rumored for Switch
- Windows 10 Pro: $12.41, Office 2016 Pro: $28.10
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada