Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX), a world leader in storage solutions, today announced at Gamescom the new 2TB Game Drive for Xbox®, the result of a strategic marketing relationship with Microsoft. This new external drive is designed to complement the Xbox color scheme and is set up for an easy plug-and-play connection with an Xbox One or Xbox 360® gaming console.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150804005427/en/
"With all of the new and amazing titles expected for this holiday season and a ton more games coming in the future, Xbox gamers will need even more storage and portability," said Matt Kesselring, business development manager for Microsoft's designed for Xbox partner program. "Microsoft is privileged to be working with Seagate as our trusted partner for this important designed for Xbox peripheral."
With today's game installs averaging 35-50GB, space on the console to support a robust library of Xbox games becomes highly valued. With the Seagate® Game Drive for Xbox, you will no longer need to delete games to make more room on the console's library. The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox is a USB 3.0 connected drive with a green top-case and black body, embossed with both the Xbox and Seagate logos. The compact and portable Game Drive for Xbox enables the capability to take your catalog of downloaded games and achievements for continued game play on any Xbox One or Xbox 360 console1.
"This exciting new collaboration with Microsoft Xbox is an important milestone for Seagate that will help us to reach a new audience, which has an insatiable appetite for storage," said Jeff Fochtman, senior director of product marketing for Seagate. "There was a clearly defined need in this market for additional plug-and-play storage and Seagate is happy to be able to provide the solution."
Pricing and Availability:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard