Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX), a world leader in storage solutions, today announced at Gamescom the new 2TB Game Drive for Xbox®, the result of a strategic marketing relationship with Microsoft. This new external drive is designed to complement the Xbox color scheme and is set up for an easy plug-and-play connection with an Xbox One or Xbox 360® gaming console.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150804005427/en/
"With all of the new and amazing titles expected for this holiday season and a ton more games coming in the future, Xbox gamers will need even more storage and portability," said Matt Kesselring, business development manager for Microsoft's designed for Xbox partner program. "Microsoft is privileged to be working with Seagate as our trusted partner for this important designed for Xbox peripheral."
With today's game installs averaging 35-50GB, space on the console to support a robust library of Xbox games becomes highly valued. With the Seagate® Game Drive for Xbox, you will no longer need to delete games to make more room on the console's library. The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox is a USB 3.0 connected drive with a green top-case and black body, embossed with both the Xbox and Seagate logos. The compact and portable Game Drive for Xbox enables the capability to take your catalog of downloaded games and achievements for continued game play on any Xbox One or Xbox 360 console1.
"This exciting new collaboration with Microsoft Xbox is an important milestone for Seagate that will help us to reach a new audience, which has an insatiable appetite for storage," said Jeff Fochtman, senior director of product marketing for Seagate. "There was a clearly defined need in this market for additional plug-and-play storage and Seagate is happy to be able to provide the solution."
Pricing and Availability:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit