Hi-Rez Studios, makers of the action MOBA SMITE, today revealed Paladins, their newest free-to-play game under development for the PC and current generation consoles. Paladins combines a rich fantasy setting with the fast action of a team-based first person shooter. In addition to the core shooter experience, Paladins also offers deep strategy and in-match character progression through decks of collectible cards, which amplify and augment a character's core set of abilities.
Paladins will be playable to gamescom attendees at Hi-Rez Studios' Booth A-051 in Hall 9, near the ESL main stage. Those not at the show can learn more and sign-up for the upcoming closed beta of Paladins at https://www.paladins.com.
"We've managed to keep Paladins under wraps for over a year now, so the dev team is really looking forward to receiving feedback from the hands-on demo at gamescom," said Todd Harris, COO at Hi-Rez Studios. "We've focused on making something we find fun and competitive, and soon players will help us craft how Paladins grows from here."
In Paladins, teams are pitted against one another. Each combatant enters the battle with a primary weapon, a set of combat and movement abilities, and a personal mount to carry them quickly from one fight to the next. Players begin each match with a customizable deck of skill cards which can be activated and evolved upon leveling up in-match for enhanced strength, defense or utility throughout the session.
"Paladins has been a passion project of ours from the beginning," commented Mick Larkins, senior producer on the title. "We've dedicated a separate team from SMITE to work on it, and while we are still early in development, we know we're crafting something very special. Paladins is extremely quick, with a great deal of depth in how it blends action, tactics, and teamwork, and we're excited for gamers to start discovering all it has to offer."
Paladins is coming to PC and current generation consoles in 2016. For the latest updates as they develop, please visit https://www.paladins.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series