Hi-Rez Studios, makers of the action MOBA SMITE, today revealed Paladins, their newest free-to-play game under development for the PC and current generation consoles. Paladins combines a rich fantasy setting with the fast action of a team-based first person shooter. In addition to the core shooter experience, Paladins also offers deep strategy and in-match character progression through decks of collectible cards, which amplify and augment a character's core set of abilities.
Paladins will be playable to gamescom attendees at Hi-Rez Studios' Booth A-051 in Hall 9, near the ESL main stage. Those not at the show can learn more and sign-up for the upcoming closed beta of Paladins at https://www.paladins.com.
"We've managed to keep Paladins under wraps for over a year now, so the dev team is really looking forward to receiving feedback from the hands-on demo at gamescom," said Todd Harris, COO at Hi-Rez Studios. "We've focused on making something we find fun and competitive, and soon players will help us craft how Paladins grows from here."
In Paladins, teams are pitted against one another. Each combatant enters the battle with a primary weapon, a set of combat and movement abilities, and a personal mount to carry them quickly from one fight to the next. Players begin each match with a customizable deck of skill cards which can be activated and evolved upon leveling up in-match for enhanced strength, defense or utility throughout the session.
"Paladins has been a passion project of ours from the beginning," commented Mick Larkins, senior producer on the title. "We've dedicated a separate team from SMITE to work on it, and while we are still early in development, we know we're crafting something very special. Paladins is extremely quick, with a great deal of depth in how it blends action, tactics, and teamwork, and we're excited for gamers to start discovering all it has to offer."
Paladins is coming to PC and current generation consoles in 2016. For the latest updates as they develop, please visit https://www.paladins.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit