Toshiba Corporation's Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced its next generation of enterprise solid state drives (eSSDs) for the PX Series. The new PX04S line features four serial-attached small computer system interface (SCSI) SAS eSSD models well-suited for enterprise applications including: mail servers; database servers; virtualized enterprise file servers; and primary storage in read, write or mixed workload environments. Continuing Toshiba's legacy of quality and reliability, the dual-ported 12 Gbit/s SAS PX04S line offers random 4K performance with read IOPS up to 270K and write IOPS up to 145K. This is Toshiba's first 12Gbit/s SAS SSD to deliver 3.84 TB of operating capacity. Sample shipment starts from today.
The PX04S line features four eSSD models - PX04SHB, PX04SMB, PX04SVB and PX04SRB - each offering a range of capacities and optimized for different applications and workloads; High-Endurance: Targeted at applications requiring the highest levels of eSSD performance, reliability and endurance, the PX04SHB supports 25 complete drive writes per day (DWPD) with a one hundred percent random workload and is available in a range of capacities from 200 GB to 1.6 TB. Write-intensive virtualized data centers, big data analytics and high performance computing (HPC) workloads will benefit from the impressive performance and data integrity afforded by the PX04SHB.
Mid-Endurance: For mixed-use, mission-critical hyperscale and virtualized environments, Toshiba's PX04SMB provides very high levels of predictable performance to optimize system and application performance. The PX04SMB offers 10 DWPD with capacities up to 3.2 TB and is suitable for online transaction processing (OLTP) and e-commerce.
Value-Endurance: The PX04SVB is optimized for read-intensive server and storage applications, requiring a balance of reliability, capacity and endurance. Capable of three DWPD with capacities up to 3.84 TB, PX04SVB SSDs are suited for read-intensive applications such as media streaming, data warehousing and web servers.
Read-Intensive: Targeted at read-intensive applications requiring one DWPD or less, the PX04SRB delivers features and performance suited for a range of enterprise and web-based workloads like video on demand (VOD) and data warehousing. The PX04SRB is available in capacities up to 3.84 TB.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit