ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash products, today launched the HD720 ruggedized USB 3.0 external hard drive. Featuring a sporty design, the HD720 has been crafted for travelers and users that demand the most durable portable storage. Highly robust, it meets strict dust, water, and shock resistance requirements and ships in several capacities up to 2TB. Whether on an adventurous personal journey or on tough duty assignment, users gain access to durable and easy to use storage with the HD720.
The HD720 complies with strict IEC/EN 60529 IP68 specifications and requirements. This means the unit offers complete dust tight protection for stable and long-lasting operation in particulate-infused environments. Unlike standard external drives, the HD720 does not require special care in terms of dust-proofing, so both travelers and professionals can use it worry-free. Certification also means the HD720 is rated for up to 120 minutes of submersion in water at a depth of up to 2m. Hence even a drop into a body of water will not disrupt a cherished trip or a vital work task. ADATA has also designed the HD720 to surpass the already-tough MIL-STD-810G 516.6 drop test: the drive can easily survive sudden and violent crashes and drops from as high as 1.8m, whereas the standard sets a 1.2m drop height.
Triple-Layer Shock Resistance
The HD720 is coated in custom-weaved flexible silicone arranged in three layers for serious shock resistance of the type likely to be prized by anyone from mountain climbers to construction site personnel. The drive features a smart G Shock sensor that halts drive read/write operation should a shock beyond a preset threshold occur. This prevents data corruption and loss, with drive operation resuming once the shock has subsided. Users are alerted to this with red and blue indicator lights.
Big Space for Every Adventure plus Smart Cable Management
HD720 external drives are offered in capacities of up to 2TB so users get ample storage for photos, video, music, documents, and more. Coupled with the extreme levels of durability on offer, big capacity means more memories, moments, and work items can remain easily accessible wherever users go. The HD720 uses smart cable management, the wire tucking safely into a wraparound groove for pack-and-go convenience.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard