Independent developer Jay Tholen and noted balloon artists and game publisher Devolver Digital have announced the point and click hugventure Dropsy will release on PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS on September 10.
Dropsy is a non-traditional take on the classic point and click adventure formula starring the game's perpetually carefree namesake clown as he explores a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets, doling out hugs along the way. Rather than lead players on a singular narrative path, players are free to choose which avenues of adventure they want to explore in an open world setting and can piece the puzzles and story together however they choose.
"...," said Dropsy the Clown, as he is unable to speak.
During the quest to clear his name after a deadly circus fire, Dropsy will encounter a peculiar cast of folk to communicate with through visual icons rather than the traditional text dialog trees. Through these rudimentary conversations, Dropsy takes players on a self-aware journey of self-discovery with a story that harnesses powerful themes of love and redemption - Dropsy the character is an outsider, longing for a community to call his own. Along his adventure, players will find answers to geographically based puzzles, unravel dark and shameful secrets from his past, and collect fancy items to stuff in his elastic waistband for use along the way. Oh, and Dropsy can also talk to animals.
"The first one million gamers that purchase Dropsy will receive a certificate that entitles them to a free hug from developer Jay Tholen," said Devolver Digital CFO, Fork Parker. "Nobody hug me though, I find gamers off-putting."
Fans of oddly carefree clowns and Devolver Digital productions can visit https://www.dropsytheclown.com to learn more about the game or follow @DropsyTheClown on Twitter to keep up with development updates and other news.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series