Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.2 billion and net income of $220 million, or $0.94 per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended July 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $356 million, or $1.51 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $317 million, or $1.32 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $445 million, or $1.85 per share.
The company generated $488 million in cash from operations during the fourth fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $5.0 billion. It utilized $198 million to repurchase 2.0 million shares of its common stock. On May 5, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on July 15.
For the 2015 fiscal year, the company achieved revenue of $14.6 billion and net income of $1.5 billion, or $6.18 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 revenue of $15.1 billion and net income of $1.6 billion, or $6.68 per share. On a non-GAAP basis, fiscal year 2015 net income was $1.8 billion, or $7.76 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 net income of $2.0 billion, or $8.10 per share. The company generated $2.2 billion in cash from operations during the 2015 fiscal year and it utilized $1.4 billion for dividends and share repurchases.
"I am satisfied with our execution and performance in the fourth fiscal quarter in light of the weak PC market," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our financial performance reflects our strong product and technology positioning coupled with solid execution. We remain positive about the opportunity to create long term value in the evolving storage ecosystem."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz