Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.2 billion and net income of $220 million, or $0.94 per share, for its fourth fiscal quarter ended July 3, 2015. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $356 million, or $1.51 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.7 billion and net income of $317 million, or $1.32 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $445 million, or $1.85 per share.
The company generated $488 million in cash from operations during the fourth fiscal quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $5.0 billion. It utilized $198 million to repurchase 2.0 million shares of its common stock. On May 5, the company declared a cash dividend of $0.50 per share of its common stock, which was paid on July 15.
For the 2015 fiscal year, the company achieved revenue of $14.6 billion and net income of $1.5 billion, or $6.18 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 revenue of $15.1 billion and net income of $1.6 billion, or $6.68 per share. On a non-GAAP basis, fiscal year 2015 net income was $1.8 billion, or $7.76 per share, compared to fiscal year 2014 net income of $2.0 billion, or $8.10 per share. The company generated $2.2 billion in cash from operations during the 2015 fiscal year and it utilized $1.4 billion for dividends and share repurchases.
"I am satisfied with our execution and performance in the fourth fiscal quarter in light of the weak PC market," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our financial performance reflects our strong product and technology positioning coupled with solid execution. We remain positive about the opportunity to create long term value in the evolving storage ecosystem."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit