Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 third quarter ended June 27, 2015. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $49.6 billion and quarterly net profit of $10.7 billion, or $1.85 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $37.4 billion and net profit of $7.7 billion, or $1.28 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 39.7 percent compared to 39.4 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter's revenue. The growth was fueled by record third quarter sales of iPhone and Mac, all-time record revenue from services and the successful launch of Apple Watch.
"We had an amazing quarter, with iPhone revenue up 59 percent over last year, strong sales of Mac, all-time record revenue from services, driven by the App Store, and a great start for Apple Watch," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "The excitement for Apple Music has been incredible, and we're looking forward to releasing iOS 9, OS X El Capitan and watchOS 2 to customers in the fall."
"In the third quarter our year-over-year growth rate accelerated from the first half of fiscal 2015, with revenue up 33 percent and earnings per share up 45 percent," said Luca Maestri, Apple's CFO. "We generated very strong operating cash flow of $15 billion, and we returned over $13 billion to shareholders through our capital return program."
Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2015 fourth quarter:
- Revenue between $49 billion and $51 billion
- Gross margin between 38.5 percent and 39.5 percent
- Operating expenses between $5.85 billion and $5.95 billion
- Other income/(expense) of $400 million
- Tax rate of 26.3 percent
Apple's board of directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.52 per share of the Company's common stock. The dividend is payable on August 13, 2015, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 10, 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit