Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 third quarter ended June 27, 2015. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $49.6 billion and quarterly net profit of $10.7 billion, or $1.85 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $37.4 billion and net profit of $7.7 billion, or $1.28 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 39.7 percent compared to 39.4 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter's revenue. The growth was fueled by record third quarter sales of iPhone and Mac, all-time record revenue from services and the successful launch of Apple Watch.
"We had an amazing quarter, with iPhone revenue up 59 percent over last year, strong sales of Mac, all-time record revenue from services, driven by the App Store, and a great start for Apple Watch," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "The excitement for Apple Music has been incredible, and we're looking forward to releasing iOS 9, OS X El Capitan and watchOS 2 to customers in the fall."
"In the third quarter our year-over-year growth rate accelerated from the first half of fiscal 2015, with revenue up 33 percent and earnings per share up 45 percent," said Luca Maestri, Apple's CFO. "We generated very strong operating cash flow of $15 billion, and we returned over $13 billion to shareholders through our capital return program."
Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2015 fourth quarter:
- Revenue between $49 billion and $51 billion
- Gross margin between 38.5 percent and 39.5 percent
- Operating expenses between $5.85 billion and $5.95 billion
- Other income/(expense) of $400 million
- Tax rate of 26.3 percent
Apple's board of directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.52 per share of the Company's common stock. The dividend is payable on August 13, 2015, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 10, 2015.
Latest News Posts
- Stadia Pro will give out one free game a month
- Digital makes 93% of Ubisoft earnings, microtransactions up
- PC is now Ubisoft's most lucrative platform
- The Division 2 is 2019's best-seller, Ubisoft says
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer