Many electronic devices, including network-attached storage (NAS), are not designed to have their power supply suddenly cut. Unforeseen circumstances that result in power outages can cause data loss that could set back your business operations significantly.
To prevent such events from occurring with the Thecus N5810PRO, a built-in mini-UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) has been included with the unit. The mini-UPS battery provides emergency power if the main power source where to fail. In the event of a power failure the mini-UPS will stand by for approximately 30 seconds (dependent on services in operation). If power is restored within this time frame, the NAS will continue at its normal state. If power has not been restored, the NAS will commence shut down of all operations.
The built-in mini-UPS allows for the NAS to conduct a normal shut down process that would not be possible with an abrupt power failure. This helps to prevent data loss and ensures the integrity of your data. While RAID protects files that have already been written on disks, the inclusion of a UPS will protect RAID from becoming compromised due to loss of power.
The compact Lithium-ion UPS battery (14.4V 2000mAH 28.8Wh) is one of several unique features of the N5810PRO. Outfitted with the Intel Celeron quad-core J1900 processor and 5 LAN ports the N5810pro delivers phenomenal performance and supports robust backup solutions, cross-platform file sharing, and a comprehensive set of business solutions.
For more information about the N5810PRO, visit its product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit